Built to Destroy
The flamer that burns twice as bright burns half as long. All weapons have +3% chance to Critical Hit, but equipment condition decays 15% faster.”
- The weapon depicted in the infobox appears to be the light machine gun.
- This trait has no apparent downsides for players who utilize only thrown weapons (such as throwing spears) and explosives.
- Note that while many explosive weapons do not care about condition (thrown or placed explosives), these same explosive weapons do not feature any bonus critical damage, making this trait fairly useless for someone who uses a lot of, say, frag grenades.
- Critical chance is affected by weapon condition, so keeping your weapons in a good condition is important to benefit fully from this trait.
- The Full Maintenance perk fully compensates for the higher the degradation rate of Built to destroy.
Behind the scenesEdit
The trait description is a reference to a well-known proverb: "The candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long."