| ||For the Buffout that appears in the Fallout series, see Buffout.|
Buffout is a consumable item in Fallout: New Vegas.
Buffout is a consumable performance enhancing drug, that boosts both Strength and Endurance, in addition to a health increase of 60 HP. After about ten minutes the chem wears off and you will lose 60 HP from your current total; if you have less than 60 health when it wears off your total health will be reduced to 1. Addiction can occur and can only be removed by a visit to the doctor or by the temporary effects of Fixer. It carries a 10% addiction rate.
- Found throughout the entire Fallout: New Vegas map.
- Most frequently found on dead Powder Gangers and Fiends.
- One can be found in Easy Pete's home.
- Some can be found in Vault 3.
- One may be found in the Worker barracks in Sloan.
- One bottle may be found in the bathroom sink in Craig Boone's room in Novac.
- High Times - To help Jacob Hoff kick his addiction, the character will need a Speech level of 50 - or a Science level of 50 and Fixer (1), Psycho (1), and Buffout (1). If the character's Speech and Science levels are too low Fixer (10) will be needed.
If you look carefully at bottles of Buffout, you'll see that the icon for Buffout in Fallout 1 and 2 is integrated into the labeling of the item. Printed on the bottles are lengthy usage instructions and an expiration date of 10/13.
ps3 If you attempt to use the status tab to heal yourself, you can't gain the extra 60 HP afforded by the chem. However, if you use stimpaks or other healing items in the inventory-aid panel, you can gain the full 60 HP. [verified]