| ||For the Buffout that appears in the Fallout series, see Buffout.|
Buffout is a performance enhancing drug that boosts both Strength and Endurance, in addition to a health increase of 60 HP. After about ten minutes the chem wears off and you will lose 60 HP from your current total; if you have less than 60 health when it wears off your total health will be reduced to 1. Addiction can occur and can only be removed by a visit to a doctor, temporarily by taking more Buffout, or by taking Fixer. It carries a 10% addiction rate.
- Can be found on dead Powder Gangers and Fiends.
- One can be found in Easy Pete's home. Must be stolen.
- Some can be found in Vault 3.
- One may be found in the Worker barracks in Sloan. Must be stolen.
- One bottle may be found in the bathroom sink in Craig Boone's room in Novac.
- Dixon will sell one.
- High Times - To help Jacob Hoff kick his addiction, the player character will need a Speech level of 50 - or a Science level of 50 and Fixer (1), Psycho (1), and Buffout (1). If the player character's Speech and Science levels are too low Fixer (10) will be needed.
If you look carefully at bottles of Buffout, you'll see that the icon for Buffout in Fallout and Fallout 2 is integrated into the labeling of the item. Printed on the bottles are lengthy usage instructions and an expiration date of 10/13.
- Playstation 3 If you attempt to use the status tab to heal yourself, you can't gain the extra 60 HP afforded by the chem. However, if you use stimpaks or other healing items in the inventory-aid panel, you can gain the full 60 HP. [verified]
- PC Xbox 360 If you are addicted to Buffout and your HP is 60 or less by the time the Buffout's effect wears off, you will die when the withdrawal hits. [verified]