Broadcast tower KB5
The broadcast tower is high up on a hill, just west of the Deathclaw Sanctuary. The drainage chamber just southeast of and beneath the tower has an average locked door. Behind the door are various crafting items (gas tank, handbrake, pilot light) a pre-War book and some chems, plus a bed.
If the player reactivates the tower, he/she will receive Signal Alfa Lima which is broadcasting Morse code on a loop. However, if you travel into the drainage chamber stated above, there is a ham radio named "Radio Signal Alfa Lima" with a skeletal corpse sitting nearby.
To the west of the tower is a ledge overlooking the Deathclaw Sanctuary.
- Tumblers Today and a pre-War book in the drainage chamber southeast of the tower.
- Southwest down the hill toward the highways, there is a camp of raiders fortified behind cars. There's a Grognak the Barbarian skill book (in a crate under bent tin cans) and a Stealth Boy.
- There is a ruined house guarded by raiders that lies west of the KB5 tower. There is a mini nuke in the bathtub and a Tumblers Today skill book on a shelf in the corner of the house opposite to the bath tub.
- Northeast from the ruined house there is a wastelander corpse near a rusty car and a handcart. There is an "almost home..." note on the wastelander's body (at the bottom of the hill northeast of the abandoned house mentioned above).
- Northeast of the corpse, just over the hill, is yet another bathtub with a mini nuke between a skeleton's legs.
- There is a truck with a trailer containing a mini nuke and loot, west of KB5 tower on the bridge past the raider camp. As the player approaches, a scientist holding a Big Book of Science apparently blows himself up. If the player character is lucky, he or she can find a small piece of him somewhere on the road to loot the skill book.
Nearby points of interestEdit
- Drainage chamber (Signal Alfa Lima)
- Raider wreckage fortifications
- Overlook raider shack
- Exploding scientist truck
- The base of the tower is the site of a 'Type A' random encounter.
- It seems that someone was trying to break into the radio room, as a skeleton, Tumblers Today, and a box of bobby pins are outside the locked door.
- The exploding scientist in the truck and the wastelander corpse down the hill usually spawn correctly only the first time they are triggered.
Broadcast tower KB5 appears only in Fallout 3.
- pc ps3 xbox360 Sometimes if the player does not kill all of the raiders at the nearby car forts, and the mirelurks below the bridge, then the scientist will not even spawn in the trailer. Thus when he triggers the explosion in the trailer, there will be no explosion-propelled corpse.[verified]