Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Bug Verification Project
Brewer's beer bootlegging
And God said: let them have beer.”— Strategic Nuclear Moose
Brewer's beer bootlegging is a small abandoned shack, leading to an old underground bootlegging establishment, found in the Mojave Wasteland, located nearly due west of the Sunset Sarsaparilla Headquarters, in 2281.
Many cazadores and cazador nests are located around the shack. Upon entering the shack, ahead lies an average locked door to an underground section of the shack, the bootlegging establishment itself. In the center of the room is a campfire, which can be used for making Survival items. Next to the locked door is a shelf with the key on top next to some bottle caps and one star cap. However, It is possible for the key to fall through the shelf and become unobtainable if you pick up other objects on the shelf first.
The underground section is accessed through the average locked door in the entrance of the shack, and contains an average locked explosive chest with a generous amount of explosives. There is also a hard locked gun cabinet that can be opened with a key found next to the chemistry equipment under the Big Book of Science in the opposite room. Straight ahead, when at the bottom of the stairs, there is a shelf with an unlocked rusty ammunition box. In the section is a sign for "Strategic Nuclear Moose" advertised as a type of beer, with several beer bottles on a table near the sign.
- A Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap is located on top of the small bookcase with other bottle caps as well as a key to the cellar, just left of the door.
- Big Book of Science is located underground, in the back room next to a chemistry set.
- High level weaponry in one of the explosives crates and gun cabinet.
- One must be careful of entering the shack and then choosing to save their game while inside of it. A majority of the time (as stated below) the Courier will immediately get ambushed from cazadores, who will be around 5 yards (dangerously close) in front of the Courier as soon as they exit.
- There have been cases when upon exiting the shack, you are ambushed by a few cazadores that spawn next to you. This may also occur when fast traveling to this location, and randomly happens when entering as well.
- To the west of the shack up in the mountains is a duffle bag surrounded by mutilated corpses and skeletons and is also heavily guarded by cazadores.
- Gourd stands in front of the door, and appears to run the brewery, though he is usually quickly killed by cazadores. If he somehow survives, he cannot be engaged in dialog.
Brewer's beer bootlegging appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
"Strategic Nuclear Moose" is a reference to the real-life beer "Tactical Nuclear Penguin" made by BrewDog.
- ps3 There is a bug involving picking a locked door then loading the autosave from entering that door in which your right analog stick will become unresponsive. Several methods have been found to remedy this bug. This bug was present in Fallout 3 as well, making it likely this is a bug with the engine itself rather than the specific game. [verified]
- Loading a hard save from before you entered the locked door.
- Killing or knocking unconscious a companion in V.A.T.S. can fix the bug.
- Finding another locked door and picking it usually fixes the bug.
- Opening several containers and taking their contents has had some success.
- Sometimes the first key does not even appear. Even if you go to the shelf and not pick anything up, there is still no evidence that the key is there.