Hanging around near the Mill's ammo press, Brand is a gaunt-looking character, even for a Pitt slave. He snitches on the other slaves by giving the Pitt raiders inside information about other slaves in exchange for better treatment and bonuses.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
Slave Snitch: Talking to him may reveal several secrets to him, including telling him about the riot Wernher is organizing. He gives 2 stimpaks and 25 XP per piece of information. Telling Brand any "info" gives negative Karma.
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- Telling him about Marco will get Marco killed.
- Once the revolt starts, he is likely to be killed by the slaves for betraying them. Occasionally he survives, having run away and hidden.
- Other slaves constantly warn the Lone Wanderer not to trust him.
- If the slave revolt has ended and he has survived he will return to his post as if nothing happened and the player characte can still snitch on the other slaves despite the revolt already having happened (possibly related to not snitching ever before completing the DLC).
- "You're new, aren't you? Are you here from the Erie Stretch? The Capital Wasteland? Ronto? Where's home?"
- "Well, since you might be able to help me, I'll let you in on a little secret: the slaves are always planning all sorts of things. I find out what's going on and let the bosses know and they let me shrug off some of the work detail. Good deal, huh? If you hear anything, you should let me know."
- "I knew that bastard was up to something. Finally! After all he's done to me, I can get him!"
- pc xbox360 Sometimes, he doesn't appear at all in the Mill. This is triggered if the player both buys slaves from Ramsey (even if killing him afterwards) and speaks to Prosper. [verified]
- pc Sometimes he will run into the steelyard during the revolt, and stay at the top of the smokestack for the rest of the game. There, he is considered "friendly" by the trogs, except for the fledglings. [verified]