| ||For an overview of boxing gloves variants in all games, see boxing gloves.|
These gloves are designed to inflict as little injury as possible to your knuckles, while inflicting as much damage as possible to the opponent's face. This allows you to 'safely' knock someone out without killing them.
Like boxing tape and the Golden Gloves, this weapon has a special effect of inflicting fatigue damage (KO, not unlike bean bag shells) and has a Strength requirement of 1. This makes up for the weapon's otherwise pitiful amount of inflicted injury.
The gloves do not work on robots, as you cannot 'wear down' a machine. Robots are inherently immune to Fatigue damage. The gloves will add additional devastation to each blow to compensate for the lack of effectiveness.
V.A.T.S. Special Attacks
The boxing gloves can successfully strike about 995 times from full condition before breaking.
- Golden Gloves - A unique variant of Boxing gloves (Fallout: New Vegas).
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Bonus effects||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|Boxing gloves||1||1.3||+35 Fatigue||1.26||x1||1||28||0.1||995||6||100||16.7||0||1|
|Golden Gloves||1||1.3||+50 Fatigue||1.26||x2||1||28||0.1||1245||6||100||16.7||0||1|
|Boxing tape||4||5.1||+20 Fatigue||1.26||x1||4||28||0.3||2495||0.25||100||400||0||1|
- Note: Unarmed damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- They can be bought at Gun Runners outside the east New Vegas entrance, but they rarely appear.
- Chet at the Goodsprings general store occasionally has them in stock but they are usually in poor condition.
- Mick of Mick & Ralph's in Freeside may have a pair available in poor condition.
- A mid-condition pair can be found inside a locked (average) locker in Jean Sky Diving.
- East of the Hidden Supply Cave there is a small campfire (close to the mountain); near it you can find them inside a gun case.
- Occasionally found inside Nash residence, Primm. The boxing gloves are found in the right gun cabinet in the bedroom.
- A pair in poor condition will be given to you by Doc Mitchell if the Unarmed skill is tagged.
- ps3 xbox360 pc This weapon will apply the same fatigue damage even if the attacked non-player character is blocking.
- ps3 xbox360 pc No additional fatigue damage is applied when the player's attack results in a critical hit or sneak attack critical.