Scribe Bowditch is assigned to the smithy and is responsible for a lot of innovations over the past several years. His specialty is power armor, and he spends much of his time obsessing over ways to improve it.
During the day, Scribe Bowditch can be found at the smithy in the Citadel laboratory. At night, he sleeps in the barracks that are located on the other side of the laboratory.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
He will repair items, but only to 51%.
- Compared to the other members of the Brotherhood in the Citadel, Scribe Bowditch is abnormally easy to pickpocket.
- Scribe Bowditch has a reputation throughout the Citadel as being very talkative.
- "I like to think that I've still got some big achievements left in me, although some of my joints seem to disagree these days."
- "I am Proctor of the Order of the Shield. I oversee the others in my Order, and make sure our defenses are up to snuff. Do you know how long it took to fortify these ruins? From the husk of the Pentagon I carved a grand Citadel! No easy task, my friend! Ah, but that was yesterday, when all we had to worry about was those damn Super Mutants. The Enclave, now... That's a different problem altogether..."
- "That's the thing, really. Casdin's "technology first" sort of attitude is more traditional in the Brotherhood always used to operate, out West. But somewhere along the way from there to here, Elder Lyons made sure we watched out for the people, not just the technology. To some of us, that was noble. I guess to Casdin and his crew, it was just soft. I wish they could see some sort of middle ground."
Scribe Bowditch appears only in Fallout 3.
pc ps3 xbox360 A script error can be noted when talking to Scribe Bowditch about the Scribes. One can ask, "Which order do you serve, Squire Bowditch?" [verified]