Though Boulder City survived the Great War without much damage, the NCR intentionally razed most of the town with a series of explosions during the Battle of Hoover Dam.”— Fallout: New Vegas loading screen
Boulder City is a minor location, mostly notable for its proximity to Hoover Dam and the 188 trading post. It’s a common resting spot for people on their way to New Vegas and for troops moving to and from the dam. There are not many intact buildings, as it was the site of intense fighting between NCR and Caesar’s Legion during the First Battle of Hoover Dam. The Rangers lured some of the toughest veteran Legionaries into the town and blew it to pieces with explosives that had been strategically placed ahead of time.
Although this won the battle, the city was almost entirely demolished as a result. After the battle, a monument to the NCR soldiers who fell during the battle was placed in the remains of the town.
There is little in the town apart from the Boulder City ruins and a saloon, run by Ike. At the western entrance, there is the Boulder City Memorial, honoring the soldiers who died at the First Battle of Hoover Dam being looked at by Private Kowalski.
Big Horn SaloonEdit
- One Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap - second table on the left after entering.
- Three bottles of Nuka-Cola Quartz on the middle shelf on the back wall that must either be stolen or purchased from Ike.
- They Went That-a-Way
- Boulder City Showdown
- Defacing the Humble Stone
- We Must Stop Meeting Like This, III
- Attacking the memorial will cause Kowalski to confront you. The only ways to get out of it without either being attacked or gaining NCR Infamy, is by passing a Speech check of 30 or immediately leaving and waiting several days to return.
- Boulder City marks the beginning of the main storyline's climax in the New Vegas Strip.
- If you access Manny Vargas's terminal in his motel room in Novac, it will tell you that the Great Khans reside in Boulder City and the location gets marked on your map.
- Boulder City is one of the few places with an abundance of ravens that is not within the starting region.
- Even if your character is Vilified by the Khans, they will not attack.
- Since there's no script removing ownership from the items inside, taking the supplies in their hideout still count as stealing even after the Great Khans leave.
- In the upper floor of an abandoned building just north-east of the entrance to Boulder City Ruins, one can find a Ranger holodisk message.
- The outskirts have an abundance of skeletons lying around.
Boulder City appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Boulder City is an actual town in Nevada located 20 miles south-east of Las Vegas. Lake Mead, located next to Boulder City, is the home of the Hoover Dam. Interestingly enough, Boulder City is one of two towns in Nevada where gambling is illegal; the other being the town of Panaca.