| ||For an overview of bottlecap mines in the Fallout series of games, see bottlecap mine.|
The bottlecap mine is extremely powerful, but its construction requires a Vault-Tec lunchbox along with other, more common components. Vault-Tec lunchboxes are comparatively rare, so bottle cap mines are best saved for tough encounters.
The bottlecap mine is a crudely put together, yet formidable, explosive that you may create in Fallout 4.
Demolition Expert perk Rank 1
Bottlecap Mine (1)
- One may be found next to the terminal in the Gorski cabin root cellar.
- Another may be found next to the Nuka-Cola machine and cigarette machine on the ground at Jalbert Brothers Disposal.
- Another can be found in the Corvega Assembly Plant.
- Two armed mines can be found in the building at Starlight Drive In.
- One can be found in Boston mayoral shelter near the elevator on the bottom level, in the end of a long pipe tunnel.
- A few may be found inside Kendall Hospital in Cambridge.
- Four can be found inside Plumber's Secret in Cambridge.
- Four can be found in a building between Fort Hagen & Greater Mass blood clinic. Climbing to the top, one will find "ingredients" that suggest were used to make a Bottlecap mine in the Commonwealth, including wrenches, a lunchbox & shotgun shells.
- The bottlecap mine does not use any bottle caps for construction (unlike in previous games featuring the mine), despite dropping a reasonable amount upon detonation. Like many crafted explosives in Fallout 4, the bottlecap mine utilizes fertilizer and oil in its construction.