| ||For a overview of mine variants that appear in Fallout games, see Mine.|
The bottlecap mine is a powerful improvised weapon. It functions like other proximity mines, but takes the player slightly more time to arm and drop. It also has a longer warning sound before detonating. Like other placed explosives, it cannot be used in V.A.T.S.
This weapon can be crafted by the player.
- A more efficient crafting recipe is available with the Gun Runners' Arsenal add-on installed. Mad Bomber perk required.
| Bottlecap mine, efficient|
(Mad Bomber) (GRA)
- Ranger Station Charlie - Enemy-placed mine; must be disarmed. Located in the room to the left of the entrance behind a pair of fire extinguishers. Only appears after speaking to Ranger Andy about investigating why he has lost contact with the station, or starting Return to Sender.
- The Great Khan armorer sometimes sells this weapon.
- When talking to Alice McLafferty during Pressing Matters, she mentions that some idiots use caps inside explosives. This is a direct reference to the bottlecap mine.
- Compared to Fallout 3, the usefulness of the Bottlecap Mine is dubious. Of the ingredients needed to craft it, the Sensor Module is comparatively rare. The Satchel Charge also requires a Sensor Module, but requires a lower Explosives to make, does more damage, takes less time to place, and triggers from proximity much faster.
- Alternatively, the Bottlecap Mine does not require Scrap Electronics which, for someone crafting extensively with Mad Bomber-related items, will be in surprisingly short supply. In this case, the Bottlecap Mine provides an alternative to a craftable mine.
Placing the mine