| || This page is about Bottle caps that appear in Fallout: New Vegas. For an overview of bottle caps in the Fallout series of games, see bottle cap.|
For an overview of currency in the Fallout series of games, see currency.
Nuka-Cola bottle cap
Bottle caps are just one of the many currencies used in the Mojave Wasteland, albeit the most commonly used, as well as the "base" form of currency used when dealing with merchants. In addition to Nuka-Cola, bottle caps can also be acquired from drinking Sunset Sarsaparilla.
- Sunset Sarsaparilla bottle caps - These are the caps of bottles of Sunset Sarsaparilla. In terms of game items they are considered a separate item; however, picking up a Sunset Sarsaparilla cap simply adds to the player's total bottle cap count. These Caps can be found across the Mojave wasteland and can even be obtained by simply drinking bottles of Sunset Sarsaparilla.
- Counterfeit bottle caps - Can be found inside the cap counterfeiting shack. These "fake caps" appear identical to standard Nuka-Cola bottle caps, but have no trade value and cannot be used for any monetary purpose.
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle caps - A rare variant of the Sunset Sarsaparilla bottle cap, featuring a blue star on the underside of the cap. These caps are part of the quest The Legend of the Star and thus cannot be sold. Once the quest is completed picking up a Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap will simply add to the player's total bottle cap count.
- Camp McCarran terminal building - 122 spread throughout the building
- Camp McCarran concourse - 105 spread throughout the concourse
- Bloodborne cave - 7,000-8,000 caps located behind gate with very hard lock.
- The cap counter on your Pip-boy only goes up to 999,999. Once you exceed this amount, it will display that you have 1000000+ caps.
- The world model of the Sunset Sarsaparilla bottle cap displays a value of "--" but will still increase your bottle cap count by one when picked up.
- You cannot gain caps by finding a bottle cap press because the only machine is destroyed in Pressing Matters.