A flexible double-pronged hairpin, made of metal or plastic, normally used to hold hair in place. After the Great War its use also includes lockpicking and it can be sold.
- Civilian suitcases seem to be scripted to spawn above-average amounts of bobby pins among their contents. This makes all pre-War locations related to travelling prime targets for salvaging them. Special mention goes to the Boston Airport ruins where dozens, if not hundreds of bobby pins can be found during a single visit.
- In safes or other places where you have to pick the lock, so they will usually be replenished if 2 or 3 have been broken.
- In the very first house in Concord. It is upstairs by the wallsafe and on the desk right next to it. There is also a bobby pin box on the desk as well.
- Sometimes found in Vault 111 in one of the lockers or the Overseer's desk.
- Sold by most traders such as Trashcan Carla and Trudy.
- Often found in mirrors, especially in Sanctuary Hills and Vault 95.