Point Lookout remained very rural and isolated until the Isla Negra real estate company purchased land and began developing new homes and attractions.”— Fallout 3 loading screen, Point Lookout
What was once a bustling seaside vacation spot is now a rotting carcass of buildings rusting in the irradiated ocean breeze. The boardwalk itself is slowly crumbling into the water, and many of the stores are sealed up.
A boardwalk with the House of Wares a short way up north. An inactive Ferris wheel called "The Wheel of Wonder" resides here.
- Homestead Motel
- House of Wares
- Naval recruiting center
- Point Lookout Pier
- People's Bank of Point Lookout
- A mini nuke beneath the closest buoy to the ferry.
- Smugglers may randomly spawn here.
- If you use the tcl command and walk through the diner walls, a Pulowski Preservation shelter is hidden inside, containing the non-player character that is the projected voice of The Brain.
- From the name, it could be hinted as to where pilgrims landed 500 years previous.
- It appears at one point that a number of the inaccessible shops in the area were to have interiors, based on unused cells in the GECK, but were cut early in the developement process.
- The lockers on the boardwalk are safe to store gear.
- ps3 xbox360 There is a common glitch where the player will randomly be informed that The Brain is unconscious whenever they go near the boardwalk, even if he is dead. This is because the brain's reference actor resides in an unopenable Pulowski Preservation shelter hidden inside the walls of the soda shop neighboring the Homestead Motel, and is possibly falling through the map and being knocked out due to fall damage. Players can also see the friendly non-player character marker for The Brain on the compass if they stand near the ferris wheel. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 There is a common glitch that can occur whenever the player is fast traveling to a location near water in Point Lookout where a large, noticeably lighter square of water will follow the player’s movements. It will disappear after a few moments however, and will not return until the player fast travels to another location that is near water. [verified]