Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Blood sausage is a healing item which restores the player's Hit Points when consumed, and also temporarily increases maximum HP by 10 points.
With the Them's Good Eatin' perk, there is a 50% chance that one or more will be in the inventory of any living creature killed by the player.
- Blood sausage is an ingredient of the more potent healing item black blood sausage.
- It is considered a "banned" item by Caesar's Legion, and will be confiscated when the player travels to The Fort.
- In hardcore mode, it has no effect on the player's Food or H2O meters.
- Restoring health with this item does not count towards the Desert Survivalist challenge.
- HP restoration is increased by Implant Y-7.
- Blood sausage does not restore AP when using this implant.
- Though the world model for blood sausage is the same as iguana bits, the Pip-Boy icon is different.
- The amount healed is not affected by the player's Survival or Medicine skills, as it is not marked as a Food or Medicine item.
- The duration of both effects is affected by the Logan's Loophole trait and the Chemist and Day Tripper perks.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Like thin red paste, "blood sausage" is a term used in one of the graphic combat results featured in the combat prose of the Fallout series' spiritual predecessor, Wasteland. The description says, "Your enemy explodes like a blood sausage."
- Blood sausage, or "black pudding" as it is sometimes called, is a real-life type of sausage made by cooking blood or dried blood with a filler until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled.
ps3 pc The in-game Pip-Boy description incorrectly shows "+15 HP(20s)" instead of +10 Max HP for 240 seconds and +5 HP for 20 seconds.[verified]