Blood sausage is a healing item which restores the player's Hit Points when consumed, and also temporarily increases maximum HP by 10 points.
With the Them's Good Eatin' perk, there is a 50% chance that one or more will be in the inventory of any living creature killed by the player.
- Blood sausage is an ingredient of the more potent healing item black blood sausage.
- It is considered a "banned" item by Caesar's Legion, and will be confiscated when the player travels to The Fort.
- In hardcore mode, it has no effect on the player's Food or H2O meters.
- Restoring health with this item does not count towards the Desert Survivalist challenge.
- HP restoration is increased by Implant Y-7.
- Blood sausage does not restore AP when using this implant.
- Though the world model for blood sausage is the same as iguana bits, the Pip-Boy icon is different.
- The amount healed is not affected by the player's Survival or Medicine skills, as it is not marked as a Food or Medicine item, but rather a chem item.
- The duration of both effects is affected by the Logan's Loophole trait and the Chemist and Day Tripper perks.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Like thin red paste, "blood sausage" is a term used in one of the graphic combat results featured in the combat prose of the Fallout series' spiritual predecessor, Wasteland. The description says, "Your enemy explodes like a blood sausage."
- Blood sausage, or "black pudding" as it is sometimes called, is a real-life type of sausage made by cooking blood or dried blood with a filler until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled.
PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 The in-game Pip-Boy description incorrectly shows "+15 HP(20s)" instead of +10 Max HP for 240 seconds and +5 HP for 20 seconds.[verified]