Blood sausage is a healing item which restores the player's Hit Points when consumed, and also temporarily increases maximum HP by 10 points.
With the perk Them's Good Eatin', there is a 50% chance that one or more will be in the inventory of any living creature killed by the player.
- Blood sausage is an ingredient of the more potent healing item black blood sausage.
- It is considered a "banned" item by Caesar's Legion, and will be confiscated when the player travels to The Fort.
- In hardcore mode, it has no effect on the player's Food or H2O meters.
- Restoring health with this item does not count towards the Desert Survivalist challenge.
- HP restoration is increased by Implant Y-7.
- Blood sausage does not restore AP when using this implant.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Like thin red paste, "blood sausage" is a term used in one of the graphic combat results featured in the combat prose of the Fallout series' spiritual predecessor, Wasteland. The description says, "Your enemy explodes like a blood sausage".
- Blood sausage, or "black pudding" as it is sometimes called, is a real-life type of sausage made by cooking blood or dried blood with a filler until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled.
ps3 pcThe Pip-boy display incorrectly shows this as healing 15 health per second, with no max health bonus. [verified]