|1||AGI 9||Find the gap and make the tackle! V.A.T.S. melee distance is increased significantly.||001d2451|
|2||AGI 9, LVL 29||V.A.T.S. melee distance is increased even more, and the farther the Blitz distance, the greater the damage.||001d2452|
Blitz lets the player target an enemy in V.A.T.S for a melee attack from a further distance. The player must be able to reach the enemy by walking, so an enemy on an inaccessible balcony cannot be targeted, even if looks like they are in Blitz range. This also applies to the player, so jumping onto a platform/barrel/container will not allow you to Blitz from that position.
The second rank of Blitz calculates its extra damage based on the distance it would take to reach them. If the walking distance is large enough then the full 25% extra damage will be applied.
- Rank one of Blitz increases the distance that one can target an opponent in V.A.T.S. to double the amount.
- Rank Two increases the range to triple the amount and grants the player character a total of 25% damage based on the distance traveled.
- This perk may allow the player character to kill super mutant suiciders with melee weapons before their mini nuke detonates.
- Targeting multiple people in V.A.T.S. will calculate each of the distances for Blitz damage before attacking, meaning a group of three enemies close to each other but at max Blitz distance will all take the maximum damage if they are targeted in consecutive V.A.T.S. attacks.
- pc ps4 xboxone There is a bug where the player will execute a Blitz attack, but stay in their initial position. This seems to be caused by being behind waist-high objects when using V.A.T.S. on an enemy.[verified]
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.