Boiled from roasted coyote tobacco chew and honey mesquite pods, black coffee is a good way to stay awake in the middle of the night as well as improving alertness, which makes repairing things, medical treatment and solving theoretical/practical problems easier. However, it comes with the negative drawback of making it harder to maintain focus in pitched combat.
When drinking the coffee, a coffee mug may be added to the consumer's inventory, although there is a chance that it may break.
The effects of the item to INT/AGL respectively depend on the level of the Survival skill.
Survival Skill effectEdit
|10||+6 Hit Point , +2 Intelligence for 1m, -1 Agility for 1m||+6 Dehydration , -24 Sleep , -2 Starvation|
|20||+7 Hit Point , +2 Intelligence for 1m, -1 Agility for 1m||+7 Dehydration , -28 Sleep , -2 Starvation|
|30||+8 Hit Point , +3 Intelligence for 1m, -1 Agility for 1m||+8 Dehydration , -32 Sleep , -3 Starvation|
|40||+9 Hit Point , +3 Intelligence for 1m, -1 Agility for 1m||+9 Dehydration , -36 Sleep , -3 Starvation|
|50||+10 Hit Point , +4 Intelligence for 1m, -2 Agility for 1m||+10 Dehydration , -40 Sleep , -4 Starvation|
|60||+11 Hit Point , +4 Intelligence for 1m, -2 Agility for 1m||+11 Dehydration , -44 Sleep , -4 Starvation|
|70||+12 Hit Point , +4 Intelligence for 1m, -2 Agility for 1m||+12 Dehydration , -48 Sleep , -4 Starvation|
|80||+13 Hit Point , +5 Intelligence for 1m, -2 Agility for 1m||+13 Dehydration , -52 Sleep , -5 Starvation|
|90||+14 Hit Point , +5 Intelligence for 1m, -2 Agility for 1m||+14 Dehydration , -56 Sleep , -5 Starvation|
|100||+15 Hit Point , +6 Intelligence for 1m, -3 Agility for 1m||+15 Dehydration , -60 Sleep , -6 Starvation|
coffee mug (1)
coffee pot¹ (1)
Honest Hearts add-on
Black coffee (1)
¹ The coffee pot will remain in the crafter's inventory afterwards, and can be re-used.
- Zion Canyon - May be sold by Joshua Graham.
- Angel cave - In a footlocker behind Joshua Graham's chair.
- Zion Ranger station - In a locked (Lockpick 50) footlocker.
- Stone Bones cave - In a footlocker near the computer terminal.
- The healing is immediate, even in Hardcore mode.
- It shares the same world model as a normal coffee mug, and because of this it is empty when dropped.
- The number to be crafted displayed cannot exceed the number of coffee pots on hand.
- The coffee mug, when empty, weighs 1 pound, despite this drink weighing only 0.02.
- With Survival at around 80-100, black coffee can be quite potent, giving a +6 to Intelligence, but a quite hefty -3 to Agility.
- Although black coffee contains addictive coyote tobacco chew, the drink itself is non-addictive.