Boiled from roasted coyote tobacco chew and honey mesquite pods, black coffee is a good way to stay awake in the middle of the night as well as improving alertness, which makes repairing things, medical treatment and solving theoretical/practical problems easier. However, it comes with the negative drawback of making it harder to maintain focus in pitched combat. Although black coffee contains addictive coyote tobacco chew, the drink itself is non-addictive.
When drinking the coffee, a coffee mug may be added to the player's inventory, although there is a chance that it may break.
The effects of the item to INT/AGL respectively depend on the level of the Survival skill.
Survival Skill effectEdit
|10||+6 Hit Point , +2 Intelligence for 1m, -1 Agility for 1m||+6 Dehydration , -24 Sleep , -2 Starvation|
|20||+7 Hit Point , +2 Intelligence for 1m, -1 Agility for 1m||+7 Dehydration , -28 Sleep , -2 Starvation|
|30||+8 Hit Point , +3 Intelligence for 1m, -1 Agility for 1m||+8 Dehydration , -32 Sleep , -3 Starvation|
|40||+9 Hit Point , +3 Intelligence for 1m, -1 Agility for 1m||+9 Dehydration , -36 Sleep , -3 Starvation|
|50||+10 Hit Point , +4 Intelligence for 1m, -2 Agility for 1m||+10 Dehydration , -40 Sleep , -4 Starvation|
|60||+11 Hit Point , +4 Intelligence for 1m, -2 Agility for 1m||+11 Dehydration , -44 Sleep , -4 Starvation|
|70||+12 Hit Point , +4 Intelligence for 1m, -2 Agility for 1m||+12 Dehydration , -48 Sleep , -4 Starvation|
|80||+13 Hit Point , +5 Intelligence for 1m, -2 Agility for 1m||+13 Dehydration , -52 Sleep , -5 Starvation|
|90||+14 Hit Point , +5 Intelligence for 1m, -2 Agility for 1m||+14 Dehydration , -56 Sleep , -5 Starvation|
|100||+15 Hit Point , +6 Intelligence for 1m, -3 Agility for 1m||+15 Dehydration , -60 Sleep , -6 Starvation|
This item can be crafted by the player.
coffee mug (1)
coffee pot¹ (1)
Honest Hearts add-on
Black coffee (1)
¹ The coffee pot will remain in the player's inventory after crafting, and can be re-used.
- Zion Canyon - May be sold by Joshua Graham.
- Angel Cave - In a footlocker behind Joshua Graham's chair.
- Zion Ranger station - In a locked (Lockpick 50) footlocker.
- Stone Bones Cave - In a footlocker near the computer terminal.
- The healing is immediate, even in Hardcore mode.
- It shares the same world model as a normal coffee mug.
- The number to be crafted displayed cannot exceed the number of coffee pots on hand.
- The mug is empty when the item is dropped.
- With Survival at around 80-100 black coffee can be quite potent, giving a +6 to Intelligence and a quite hefty -3 to Agility.