Black blood sausage is a healing item which restores the player's Hit Points when consumed, and also temporarily increases maximum HP by 25 points.
This item can be crafted by the player.
blood sausage (1)
xander root (1)
Old World Blues add-on
Black blood sausage (1)
- It is considered a "banned" item by Caesar's Legion, and will be confiscated when the player travels to The Fort.
- In hardcore mode, it has no effect on the player's Food or H2O meters.
- Restoring health with this item does not count towards the Desert Survivalist challenge.
- HP restoration is increased by Implant Y-7.
- Black blood sausage does not restore AP when using this implant.
- The amount healed is not affected by the player's Survival or Medicine skills, as it is not marked as a Food or Medicine item.
- The duration of both effects is affected by the Logan's Loophole trait and the Chemist and Day Tripper perks.
Behind the scenesEdit
Like thin red paste, the other item created by Them's Good Eatin', the term "blood sausage" is used in one of the graphic combat results featured in the combat prose of the Fallout series' spiritual predecessor, Wasteland. It would typically appear in the form of "[player name] rips into [target name] like a scarlet side of meat, exploding it like a blood sausage."
- The in-game Pip-Boy description erroneously shows "+35 HP(20s)" instead of +25 Max HP for 240 seconds and +10 HP for 20 seconds.[verification overdue]