The camp consists of NCR tents to the north and refugee tents at the south end of the camp. The doctor's tent is amongst the NCR tents facing the refugees and Captain Gilles can usually be found sitting by the campfire at the center. As you approach the area from West by Southwest are 12 graves, six on each side of the path, containing misc. loot.
- No, Not Much: After this quest there will be several more troops at Bitter Springs.
- Climb Ev'ry Mountain
- Bitter Springs Infirmary Blues
- I Forgot to Remember to Forget
- If you have Cass as a companion when visiting there, she may complain that the camp stinks of piss and vomit.
- Some NCR troopers may mutter something about a ghost haunting the mountains.
- The NCR flag will be upside down until the quest No, Not Much is completed (this is because the NCR use it as a sign of distress, just like the American Flag today).
- During No, Not Much, the option is present to irradiate a portion of the camp (1-3 rads per second), though unlike Cottonwood Cove this does not actually kill the soldiers stationed at the location.
- Bitter Springs can be a very difficult location to reach, as the route to it is frequented by deathclaws and cazadores.
- Sometimes a gecko can spawn in the middle of Bitter Springs and kill some refugees. There is no way around it other than killing it quickly.
- All the refugees have crippled legs, but no health damage.
- In one of the tents there is a picture of a ranger lying on the ground with 4 arrows in his side, a caption below reads, 'A GOOD RANGER'. A similar picture can be seen on a road sign on one of the loading screens.
- pc ps3 xbox360 You can get infinite experience by doing Mr.Sandman kills on a sleeping child (since they do not die) in one of the tents. Maybe on any sleeping child. Sometimes after an X amount of kills you might be teleported inside of a rock near Hidden Valley.
- You may find Captain Gilles typing on an invisible keyboard. [platforms tag needed]