Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Bison Steve Hotel
The outside of the hotel
Front desk area
Ah, Bison Steve, you old shithole.”— Cass
There are three floors, all of which are inhabited by convicts. There is an elevator that can be repaired with a Repair skill of 35. Once repaired, it leads to the second floor from the first, and vice versa. There is a crumbling platform/ceiling on the second floor that provides access to the third floor. A stairwell on the first floor also provides second-floor access, as does a door after a section of the roller coaster track outside. There are also several lock-pick options in The Hotel.
- Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor - Northeast room on the first floor (there is a sign beside it that reads "Gift Shop"), lying on the ground against a Hard locked floor safe behind the cash registers.
- Lucky - A unique revolver in the same room, just beyond the entrance, inside a Hard (75) locked floor safe behind the cash registers.
- A Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap is on a sofa's end table next to a bottle (the side table which is opposite the elevator).
- Incinerator - Drops from the escaped convict leader in the main room on the first floor.
- Ransom note - on a desk in the southeastern most room of the second floor.
- It is possible to get to the highest point of the roller coaster by following the track from behind the hotel or using the door on the second floor of the hotel. There is no loot here, however it makes a for a good scenic overlook (or sniper vantage point).
- It is possible to get on the roof of the hotel but there is nothing there other than the sign and a roller coaster car on the lower roof.
- At 8 PM, room lights can be seen turning on from the exterior, but there's no corresponding event taking place on the interior of the building.
The Bison Steve Hotel appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Its name, style, and the roller coaster built in front of the hotel is a reference to Buffalo Bill's Hotel and Casino (and its famous roller coaster Desperado), in Primm, Nevada.
- El Diablo is Spanish for "the Devil".
- pc xbox360 If the Courier completely clears the first floor of the building and then leave without going to the upper floors at all, and finish My Kind of Town with any choice of sheriff, he/she may on returning find all convicts on the second and third floors dead, their bodies scattered over the rooms and corridors. They can then be picked clean with no interference. The Courier may also be met by a NCR trooper walking down one of the corridors and out of the hotel; the trooper is not named and will only give a stock response to inquiries. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 It is possible that the convict that is guarding Deputy Beagle will not attempt to harm the Courier, companions or Beagle when he is freed, even though the compass indicates that the convict is hostile. The convict may also be in a seated position in mid-air to one side of the stool that's he's supposed to be sitting on. [verified]
- ↑ "El Diablo" is written on both the car on the ground and the one on the roof.