The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Bill lives at the Warwick Homestead, where he works as a foreman at the farm. According to a note in his inventory, he is a chem addict and alcoholic. Bill once had a wife, son and daughter, but they left him because he sold their brahmin for chems and hit his daughter, nearly blinding her.
Unbeknownst to Bill, his wife and children had set up a home at the Taffington Boathouse, only for the entire family to be killed by bloodbugs when the children disturbed their nest while searching for a pre-War cache of chems to trade for a new brahmin.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Building a Better Crop: Bill suspects Roger Warwick of being a synth replacement of the real Roger. He sends Cedric Hopton with caps to Goodneighbor to hire a mercenary to deal with Roger. Upon seeing the Sole Survivor make contact with Roger, Bill grows paranoid, which is compounded by the fact that Cedric has not returned. This drives Bill to confront Roger at gunpoint. At this, the Sole Survivor either kills Bill, or convinces him to stand down. If convinced to stop, Bill exiles himself in shame, sitting outside the fence of the Homestead.
- Bill Sutton (quest): Bill will buy tatos and mutfruit for 2 caps each once the death threatening event concerning him will have been avoided.
- A random event involving Bill occurs where he jumps in the water, killing himself. The reasons for this can be gleaned from the Goodbye letter in his inventory.
- His death can be prevented by equipping him with at least one piece of Acrobat's armor which reduces fall damage, or by taking his note away during a trade or pickpocket.
- If the Building a Better Crop quest is completed peacefully using the speech challenge, he will go and sit in front of the entrance fence and just repeat himself. It is not possible to interact with him and he is no longer an assignable settler, but the population count does not decrease because Cedric Hopton replaces him immediately after the quest is finished. Cedric is considered a settler by then even when he is still walking from Goodneighbor.
- After disappearing, Bill can be found randomly as a kidnap victim if dealt with peacefully and his letter removed, however unable to return to Warwick he becomes stuck following you until randomly disappearing when you fast travel.
Bill Sutton appears only in Fallout 4.