Your brain is back in your body, but some of the advanced technologies remain: Your head still cannot be crippled, but you are only 10% more resistant to addiction now. Surprisingly your Damage Threshold has improved by 10% (minimum +1 DT)”— Fallout: New Vegas description
Convince your brain to return to your body or convince it to come back to the Sink while you deal with the Think Tank and after the completion of the add-on, you have or you can have your brain reinserted into your body. This perk replaces Brainless.
Your head cannot be crippled, you gain +10% Damage Threshold (minimum +1) and +10% resistance to chem addictions.
- Compared to the Brainless perk, you gain an additional +5% Damage Threshold at the cost of -15% chem addiction resistance.
- Synergizes well with the perk Chem Resistant and Old World Gourmet Dead Money for 66.25% chem addiction resistance.
- However, it synergizes poorly with Eye for Eye, as it reduces the total number of limbs that can be crippled.
- Big Brained shares the same Vault boy image as Brainless.
- pc The description listed on this perk pertaining to Damage Threshold shown in the game is incorrect. The perk will add a permanent bonus of +1 to your DT no matter what, and then multiply that value by 1.1, rounded. For example, if your character has both ranks of Toughness, the Sub-Dermal Implants, Reinforced Spine, and this perk, it will lead to a naked DT of 14. ((3+4+2+1) * 1.1 = 14) [verified]
- pc ps3 In addition to the bug mentioned above, you may never gain the rounded 10% if you are "naked" or wear body armor with 1-2 DT, any headwear is excluded. But if you're wearing body armor with 3 or more DT, you will actually lose the permanent +1 DT and only gain the 10%. [verified]