| ||For the mentioned-only character in Old World Blues, see Betsy Bright.|
I see some cute little number, and I'd rather get in her pants. So, maybe I'm a stone-cold bitch after all.”
Corporal Betsy is a NCR 1st Recon sharpshooter stationed at either Camp McCarran or Camp Forlorn Hope in 2281, and is one of the only three known lesbian characters in the game, the others being Veronica Santangelo and Christine Royce.
Betsy is part of the 1st Recon. She is in charge of training 10 of Spades and getting him some experience within the 1st Recon. Betsy and 10 of Spades were out doing recon and tracking down Cook-Cook. However, Cook-Cook got the jump on them, knocking out 10 of Spades and raping Betsy before attempting to cook her alive. When the Courier arrives at Camp McCarran, she is in denial over the incident, which begins affecting her performance and relations with her comrades.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- I Don't Hurt Anymore: The Courier needs to convince Betsy to deal with her medical trauma by seeing Doctor Usanagi.
- Three-Card Bounty: The Courier has the choice of enlisting the help of Betsy and the others of her squad in taking down Driver Nephi.
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- Upon completing the Driver Nephi portion of the Three-Card Bounty quest by claiming Nephi's bounty, the entire 1st Recon moves to Camp Forlorn Hope and can be found in Camp Forlorn Hope barracks.
- Upon completing the Cook-Cook portion of the Three-Card Bounty quest, Corporal Betsy will show her appreciation by awarding his killer with $380 NCR.
Betsy will flirt with a female Courier if her Charisma is 7 or greater. Possessing the Cherchez La Femme perk will allow the Courier to acknowledge her advances, though ultimately, there is no option to actually follow through with it.
Corporal Betsy appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
- ps3 xbox360 pc Upon moving to Camp Forlorn Hope, the Courier may not be able to talk to Betsy for the quest I Don't Hurt Anymore. This may also affect their interaction with Corporal Sterling and prevent the player from completing Raul's personal quest. [verified]
- ps3 The above may happen if confirmed that Cook-Cook is dead. A possible workaround is to talk to Lieutenant Gorobets. [verified]