Time you enjoyed wasting isn't wasted time.”
Beatrix Russell is a gun-for-hire, currently employed by the doctors of the Followers of the Apocalypse. In her long life, she's experienced a lot of human nature, and finds that "physical and mental anguish are especially exciting to explore." She enjoys drinking, which is ironic since the Followers at the Fort work to help addicts recover from drugs and alcohol. Partly because the Followers won't allow her to drink, she finds her job at the Fort a bit dull.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Wang Dang Atomic Tango: As a ghoul in a cowboy outfit, Beatrix is one of the three people that need to be recruited for the Atomic Wrangler casino.
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- Once she is hired as a prostitute, the player can hire her "services" for 25 caps plus the cost of a room. When the screen turns black during sex, Beatrix will make feral ghoul sounds.
- While working as a guard, she'll offer some free advice to the player when asked, though once she starts working at the Atomic Wrangler, she no longer gives out advice.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Bounty hunter duster
Desperado cowboy hat
Chained prostitute outfit
|.357 magnum revolver
- Killing her after completing the quest Wang Dang Atomic Tango will still give the Courier infamy to Followers of the Apocalypse.
- "Feed a man for free. He'll be back asking for more. Feed a man a bullet. You won't hear from him again."
- "Good, bad... The guy with the gun makes the rules."
- "The only thing I know for certain is that I don't know nothing."
- "Longing makes the heart grow fonder, but I've always been a fan of hog tying my lovers to make sure they can't escape."
- "Time you enjoyed wasting isn't wasted time."
Beatrix Russell appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
- One of the pieces of advice she will give you is the quote "Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time." This quote was said by Bertrand Russell, a British author, mathematician, & philosopher of a similar name.
- Another piece of advice Beatrix offers is: "The only thing I know for certain is that I don't know nothing." This is an adaptation from Socrates, another philosopher, "One thing only I know, and that is that I know nothing."
- Another piece of advice she will give you is "Good...bad...the guy with the gun makes the rules." This is a reference to what Ash says in the movie, Army of Darkness: "Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun!"
- pc xbox360 ps3 Sometimes when you pay her for sex she won't get off of the chair and won't move, which means having intercourse with her is impossible. This seems to occur after you've completed Debt Collector and have been given a free room at the Atomic Wrangler. Exiting the atomic wrangler, and reentering can fix this problem. [verified]
- pc xbox360 She will follow you to your room after being paid for sex but then simply stand by the bed. There are no dialogue options offered to try to fix this, but if you look at the bed and select sleep, then exit once it asks you how long you want to sleep, she will be on the bed. [verified]
- xbox360 It is possible to get infinite experience using the Speech check about the Atomic Wrangler. [verified]
- ps3 If she is killed, and the player has the Bloody Mess perk, it will appear that her boots will be attached to her without her legs actually being there. [verified]