Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Beantown Brewery is a location in the Commonwealth in Fallout 4. It is filled with raiders who (according to logs on Tower Tom's computer), kidnapped Lily Tourette and accidentally killed her after ransoming her for food.
There are two entrances: one Lockpick Advanced and the other freely accessible. Both open to anterooms before the main factory floor. The unlocked door enters onto the guest entrance where a greeter's desk sits. On that terminal is instructions on giving factory tours. Behind the greeter's desk is a gift shop, where a cymbal monkey will activate if detected. There may also be a raider in this room.
Catwalks line the main factory room allowing for easy traversal around the room, making the factory floor effectively a "kill zone". Using the catwalk and going to the Northernmost side, the player character will enter Tower Tom's office, which has some interesting loot as well as a weapons workbench. There is also an elevator to the factory floor. Tower Tom may hide in this elevator if injured, forcing the player character to open the elevator to get him out. The computer in Tower Tom's office adapts to your actions in the world. If other notable raiders are dead (i.e Red, or Jared) then the computer will update accordingly about the Sole Survivor's actions.
There are two sets of traps: a tripwire between the elevator and the factory floor (bottom floor), and strings of cans around a chemistry station on the factory floor.
There is also a puzzling room to the south. While hugging the south wall catwalk, there is a downward metal staircase, but also an upward concrete staircase. Going up, there is a room with a few raiders and an Easy locked door. Opening it, the player character finds a room lined with desks with computers. All computers are dead except one which appears to have quarterly reports, all of which are corrupted except the Q4 Projections. But the computer appears to remember the order in which the Sole Survivor viewed the reports. For example, if the Sole Survivor clicked Q1 Data, they are returned to the previous menu, but the Exit button is replaced with a Back button. Every time the Survivor clicks a report except for Q4 Projections, the stack gets one deeper, indicating that there may be a code in the order that the quarterly reports are accessed. The code however, is not something you can discover from the brewery holotape. The holotape contains a glitch, but nothing more, it is only meant for the drinking buddy quest.
- Picket Fences issue #1 - On the floor next to the mattress in the room with Tower Tom's terminal.
- Gwinnett brew recipe holotape - On the desk next to Tower Tom's computer.
- Vault-Tec lunchbox - In the northern area of the lower level, behind the big metal bottle looking cylinders, hidden behind one of the metal girders. It is in eyesight of a teddy bear, wearing a trilby hat, sitting on a hot plate reading a newspaper.
- Around 2 Gwinnett brew, 1 Gwinnett pale, 13 Gwinnett pilsner, 4 Gwinnett stout and 1 Gwinnett ale bottle, 80 Gwinnett brew bottle, 28 Gwinnett lager bottle, 7 Gwinnett pale ale bottle, 12 Gwinnett pilsner bottle, 10 Gwinnett stout bottle.
- This is a possible location for the recurring quest, Quartermastery, given by the Brotherhood of Steel.
- It seems this place has been invaded by naughty teddy bears, paying fan service to instances of it in Fallout 3.
- Near the aforementioned lunchbox is a teddy bear with a trilby hat, Luxobrew coffee pot, holding a Boston Bugle and a coffee cup, sitting on a hot plate in front of a sweet roll.
- There are two more teddy bear toys underneath the counter in the entrance hall playing chess, one holding a Gwinnett stout and the other smoking a cigar and sitting on a cigar box.
- On one of the conveyor belts in between two machines, are two stuffed bears positioned to appear to be having sex. This is a continuance of a theme throughout the game where either bears, pre-War skeletons, or mannequins are positioned in sexually suggestive situations.
The Beantown Brewery only appears in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
The Beantown Brewery is likely a reference to the Boston Brewing Company, which produces the Samuel Adams brand of beers. The actual location provides tours of their facility and sample tastings similar to the ones described on the reception terminal entry.
The geographical location is almost 1 to 1 with the former location of the Watch City Brewing Company in Waltham. Watch City Brewing was a craft beer manufacturer and restaurant that was founded in 1996 and went out of business in 2014. It derives its name from Waltham's nickname as "The Watch City," as the town was home to the world-renowned Waltham Watch Company until 1957.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|