Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| ||This page is about the energy drink. For the pre-War company, see Bawls Guarana Corporation.|
|The following is based on Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Bawls Guarana started as the brainchild of a then 20 year-old college graduate named Hoby Buppert, who was looking for an alternative to coffee in 1997. As part of a class project, he came up with a carbonated and non-alcoholic beverage made with guarana, a highly caffeinated berry native to the Amazonian rainforest. Named for the caffeinated "bounce" it gives you, which contains a natural form of caffeine nearly three times stronger than that found in traditional sodas.
Looking for a place to settle, Hoby Buppert chooses Texas, a quiet place, conducive to the growth of Guarana. The company markets its drinks only in Texas forever, never looking to emigrate because of the market leader, the Nuka-Cola Corporation. But before the Great War, Bawls Guarana concluded a lucrative contract with Vault-Tec, which wanted to build the Secret Vault in Texas. They sponsored the construction and only its product was allowed in the vault, at the expense of Nuka-Cola, non-existent in this region.
Despite advertising in Carbon, you can find Bawls bottles only in the Secret Vault, especially in the Bawls vending machine that contains 9 bottles (and 4 more if you destroy the machine). Each bottle will heal you 1/4 of your Hit Points until 2/5 with the skill First-Aid at maximum level.
- Bawls vending machines - 9 bottles maximum per day.
- Secret Vault - Ruins Two, in lockers (power box room) and on desks (north on map).
- Ruins Three - in loot sections west, north and east on the map.
- Secret Vault - Laboratories Level 2 - on table and Bawls vending machine
- The in-game explanation to why there are only Bawls Guarana in Texas is that Nuka-Cola or someone else has never competed with Bawls Guarana in this region, and Bawls Guarana has never extended its business somewhere else. This makes it the only drink in the game, and replaced Nuka-Cola.
- Bawls bottle caps are worth 175 regular bottle caps each.
Behind the scenesEdit
The drink is sold at a variety of collectors' sites such as Thinkgeek.