Battle Brew was previously created by Researcher Mori, a Big MT scientist at the X-13 research facility. After an argument with Dr. Calis, Mori was forced to move his supply to a storage room in the facility.
Battle brew is a potent concoction made from vodka, mutant cave fungus, and Salient Green. The mixture has no Charisma bonus, but the drinker will be healed and be given greater resistance to injury. In essence, battle brew acts like a combination of Med-X and stimpaks. In addition, consuming this applies a separate effect named "Red Mist," which lasts for 20 seconds and grants +40 action points and an additional +1 Strength. Contrary to the (longer) Strength bonus, this one stacks with other alcoholic beverages.
This item can be crafted by the player.
Salient Green (1)
Old World Blues add-on
Battle brew (1)
- A strange cask can be found on a hill (outside the fence) just northwest of the X-7b "Boom Town" target zone, close to the Guns skill book recipe. Inside and on top of the cask are 4 bottles of battle brew.
- A second strange cask containing three bottles is opposite the strange still in the X-13 research facility.
- Despite being shown as an alcohol on the Pip-Boy's effect interface, Rose of Sharon Cassidy's perk Whiskey Rose does not remove the negative effects (-1 Intelligence). It is unknown if this is a bug or an oversight.
- If combined with Med-X and Slasher you can reach 85 DR.
- Drinking Battle brew gives your vision a red tint for a short time.
- Even though it can be crafted by the player, Battle brew has its own unique world model.