The baseball bat is a weapon in Fallout: New Vegas.
This melee weapon in Fallout: New Vegas is identical in appearance to the baseball bat seen in Fallout 3, but it deals more damage.
It has the fitting Grand Slam special attack that does 200% damage in V.A.T.S. at the cost of 10 more action points (requires a Melee skill of 50).
|Type of attack||- Type of attack||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per action point||- Damage per action point||Additional effects||- Additional effects|
|Type of attack||Skill required||Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||Action point cost||Damage per action point|
- Note: Melee weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
It is possible to execute Grand Slam outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward.
The baseball bat can successfully strike about 1,995 times from full condition before breaking.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|Baseball bat ||22||36.3||1.65||x1||22||25||1.8||1995||3||250||83.3||25||4|
|Baseball bat fnvgra||22||36.3||1.65||x1||22||25||1.8||1995||3||250||83.3||25||4|
|Baseball bat With all weapon mods attached fnvgra||28||55.4||1.98||x1||22||25||2.2||2995||3||1240||413.3||25||4|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Despite its low attack value, the baseball bat at full condition and good barter skill can be sold for around 250 caps.
- The baseball bat's unique V.A.T.S. move is the Grand Slam, the same move used by the nail board, pool cue and the shovel.
- The baseball bat has some of the highest durability of melee weaponry, and its availability makes it a decent starting weapon.
- Looking closely, the inscription "Since 1879" is seen on the bat, below a circled uppercase cursive "B," likely the brand logo.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In the sport of baseball, a grand slam is a home run hit with all the bases occupied by baserunners, thereby scoring four runs; the most possible on a single play.
cut The unused "dirty" variant