| ||For other uses of Barton name, see Barton.|
Sorry I tricked you, but thanks for clearing out the Geckos. Now I can get to that stash up there...after I deal with you.”
Not much is known about Barton or his motives, but he tries to deceive the Courier by telling them to kill the geckos on the ridge, to save "his girl." Afterwards, he tries to kill the Courier in order to retrieve a treasure stashed at the ridge overlook.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
Barton the Fink: Barton will confront the player west of the camper in the area with the campfires, where Sunny Smiles teaches you to make healing powder, asking for the player to save his girl, who is trapped by geckos on the ridge above.
|Roving trader outfit or
Wastelander outfits or
Merc outfit or
Stormchaser hat or
Biker goggles or
|9mm pistol or
10mm pistol or
Lead pipe or
Single shotgun or
|Whet stone or leather belt or metal spoon
- All of his equipment is generated randomly. Some early-game useful outfits he may carry include but are not limited to the roving trader outfit or any one of the various Mercenary outfits. He also carries one or more randomly generated weapons.
- When shooting his initial weapon from his hand, he will take out an additional randomly generated weapon to replace it.
- Barton Thorn can be killed with no Karma loss.
- He may not always be alive when you arrive at Goodsprings Source. The Powder Gangers and geckos that spawn nearby sometimes kill him before you reach his position.
- Barton Thorn can be found anywhere in the general area of Goodsprings Source, which doesn't always make his directions clear. "Past the broken radio mast" is only valid if the courier engages him north of said radio mast.
- If you have the Animal Friend perk you obviously don't have to kill the geckos, but he will still say "Thanks for clearing out the geckos for me."
- If Barton is left alive long enough he will change his outfit.
Barton Thorn appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
The G.E.C.K. nicknames him 'Geckoman'.