Barrel cactus fruit are found on barrel cactus; a spherical cacti that can be encountered while wandering the Mojave Wasteland. They usually form in groups, with one large barrel cactus that contains the fruit surrounded by several smaller cacti. Like all other Mojave Wasteland plants, fruit-bearing barrel cacti will eventually grow back after being picked.
Survival skill effectEdit
|10||-1 Endurance for 2m, +1 Hit Point for 5s||-18 Dehydration , -6 Starvation|
|20||-1 Endurance for 2m, +1 Hit Point for 5s||-21 Dehydration , -7 Starvation|
|30||-1 Endurance for 2m, +1 Hit Point for 5s||-24 Dehydration , -8 Starvation|
|40||-1 Endurance for 2m, +1 Hit Point for 5s||-27 Dehydration , -9 Starvation|
|50||-2 Endurance for 2m, +2 Hit Point for 5s||-30 Dehydration , -10 Starvation|
|60||-2 Endurance for 2m, +2 Hit Point for 5s||-33 Dehydration , -11 Starvation|
|70||-2 Endurance for 2m, +2 Hit Point for 5s||-36 Dehydration , -12 Starvation|
|80||-2 Endurance for 2m, +2 Hit Point for 5s||-39 Dehydration , -13 Starvation|
|90||-2 Endurance for 2m, +2 Hit Point for 5s||-42 Dehydration , -14 Starvation|
|100||-3 Endurance for 2m, +3 Hit Point for 5s||-45 Dehydration , -15 Starvation|
This item can be crafted by the player.
|Barrel cactus fruit|
- 8 can be bought or stolen from the Westside Co-op.
- Thirteen cacti can be found around El Dorado dry lake, making it one of the most abundant sources.
- There are 4 or so plants by the Brooks Tumbleweed Ranch, if the Courier ventures behind the ranch, up against the mountains.
- There are 3 plants outside the western wall of Ranger Station Bravo.
- They can sometimes be found in refrigerators.
- 2 are in the mess hall within the Nellis Air Force Base. Must be stolen.
- Sometimes sold by Traveling merchants.
- Farm patches inside and outside Westside contain a few of these cacti.
- fnvowb One can be acquired every 3 in-game days after the completion of Field Research, once the Courier has upgraded the Biological research station.
- fnvowb Dried version, one of the items converted from the seed package near the Dionaea Muscipula.