Back Street Apparel before the Great War was a clothing store in the Fens area of Boston, next to the Charles River. In 2287, the ruins of the store building has become a hangout for a raider group led by Clutch.
On the outside of the building are two orange cylinder pipes. One pipe contains a medpack (with various loot), and the other contains a missile-launcher trap. Both will occasionally regenerate.
Inside this multi-story building is a large first room that appears to have once been a store. It contains 2 tripwire traps, covering both access routes. There's a hole in the left wall that leads to the kidnapped settler for the radiant Minutemen Kidnapping quest. The first floor has a hackable terminal (Advanced), a locked safe (Advanced), an Armor workbench and a locked cooler. The second floor has tight corners as well as a locked safe (Master).
- A Stealth Boy - In a Novice locked room on the bottom floor. Take a left turn when entering the doorway guarded by a sentry gun.
- Grognak the Barbarian issue #8 - On a table near the safe in the top floor room.
- Bowler hat - on a shelf right next to the front door.
- Several stacks of pre-War money under the counters, like its neighbor Bridgeway Trust.
- An overdue book can be found randomly at the top near the ladder to the Fens inside of a large toolbox.
- A pair of Fashionable glasses (+1 Charisma) can reliably be found in the front section.
- If the Sole Survivor undertakes the quest Diamond City Blues, the six crates part of the chem deal can be looted. Each container contains dozens of various chems. Acquiring all the available chems will yield over a few hundred caps.
- The crates will still be there even after the quest is completed.
- Butcher's Bill 2 - One of the locations where Blackbird can be found.
- Diamond City Blues - As part of the quest, the Sole Survivor will visit Back Street Apparel to confront Trish during a chem deal behind the store next to a truck.
- Kidnapping - A group of raiders can take up residence in this location after they have kidnapped a settler. The Sole Survivor is required to come here and free the settler.
- Raider Troubles - Troublesome raiders might take refugee at this location between two attacks on the Commonwealth settlers.
- Weathervane: Back Street Apparel - The Sole Survivor is asked to place a MILA for Tinker Tom.
- There is a teddy bear with glasses using the ground floor bathroom and reading the newspaper.
- If you manage to enter undetected and remain as such, a raider will tell a story about a kid who is afraid of fire.
- On the top floor, there is a skeleton in a bathtub with a toaster and a fork.
- Across the entrance is an old truck with some pipes. Inside one of the pipes is a trap with a missile launcher. The trigger is to the east, under the bridge and surrounded by cars.
- Two Vault-Tec lunchboxes can be found near the river within a trailer and on the upper level in Anna's Cafe southwest of Back Street Apparel.
Back Street Apparel only appears in Fallout 4.