| ||For the various forms of alcohol that appear in the Fallout series, see Alcohol.|
The world model of an atomic cocktail is a novelty drink mixer shaped like a rocket ship, with a black logo and text on one side with the words "atomic cocktail" surrounding an atom. When consumed, the Courier becomes more resistant to fire and energy weapon damage. Sleep is greatly reduced, while Dehydration and Radiation are increased.
The strength of an atomic cocktail effects are determined by the Survival skill and can be triple the listed effects at level 100.
This item can be crafted by the player.
Atomic cocktail (4)
- Klamath Bob's liquor store - In wooden crate behind store counter. Must be stolen.
- Occasionally found on dead legionaries.
- Whittaker Farmstead - In the fridge.
- It seems to appear randomly in refrigerators.
- Can be bought at various bars and stores.
- Prior to patch 18.104.22.168x, atomic cocktails required an additional 1 Nuka-Cola Victory, 1 vodka, and a bottle of wine to craft.
- The hotkey icon for this item is of food rather than a drink.
- Despite being an alcoholic beverage, it doesn't have the risk of alcohol addiction.
Behind the scenesEdit
The atomic cocktail was an alcoholic drink served (among other places on the strip) during nuclear weapons testing in the 1950s in Las Vegas' Sky Room, where tourists could view mushroom clouds form at the Nevada proving grounds from a distance. This was a considerable tourist draw from 1951-1963 when Las Vegas was also known as "Atomic City". Las Vegas businessmen had, at the time, a penchant for marketing everything as "atomic".