Formerly a Red Rocket gas station, the building has been occupied by the Atom Cats, a gang with expertise in armor modifications, particularly power armor mods. A power armor station is located here for repairs, modifications and swapping parts.
The area is a goldmine for power armor and accessories, including T-60 power armor. With two suits (minus the helmet, both located on the same chassis) being available to the Sole Survivor without engaging in combat, plus X-01 power armor parts sometimes available for purchase from Rowdy. Another three suits (and an empty chassis) are available to those who decide to clear the camp instead.
- Power armor frame (owned) inside the garage. However, if the garage is attacked by Gunners it is not uncommon for a member of the Atom Cats to use it for combat. Once they enter the frame, there's a chance that they won't exit.
- Hot Rodder issue #2 ("Shark" custom paint job), in the trailer towards the back.
- Quincy survivor's note = Inside of a suitcase on a small boat located just south of the garage.
- Atom Cats custom paint job, sold by Rowdy.
- Fusion core, in a generator attached to the main building.
- Unarmed bobblehead, a hood ornament on the car in the main building.
- Cats poetry night tape 1, 2 and 3 are found in the compound. The first one is in the trailer home to the east, the second one is on the counter at the bar and the third one is on the nightstand next to the bed in the back room of the garage with two power armor stations.
- T-60 Atom Cats power armor (owned, minus helmet) in the far back behind two laser tripwires. Two sets of power armor are on the same frame. The second set of parts will disappear when one enters the frame.
- Vault-Tec lunchbox at the end of the catwalk leading from the roof of the hardware warehouse where the bobblehead was found. In front of a radio, and a toy alien can be found next to it.
- Duke, an Atom Cats member, can be found via random encounter in various locations scrounging for parts in a car, such as between two broken parts of the raised highway leading into west Boston, below the broken highway overpass east of Mass Pike Interchange or north of Lake Quannapowitt heading to Recon Bunker Theta. He can also be found southeast of Vault 111, near a blue car between two pylons, or even at the outskirts of Fort Hagen, near the Relay Tower. He marks the location of Atom Cats garage on the map.
- Zeke and Rowdy will provide a miscellaneous quest to give parts to Warwick Homestead. Upon returning to the garage, Gunners will attack. Successfully defending the garage will give the Sole Survivor Atom Cats clothing and a discount for Rowdy's store.
- If the Sole Survivor initiates combat with any of the Atom Cats, there is a slight chance one will yell out "Atom Cats rule!" A direct/indirect reference to Fallout 3 where the Tunnel Snakes gang leader, Butch DeLoria says the line "Tunnel Snakes rule." The quote "Atom Cats Rule" can also be found on Zeke's terminal.
- The radios in the Atom Cats Garage are not synchronized with the Sole Survivor's Pip-Boy radio. For example, while a radio in the garage is playing one song, a different song or one of Travis's news announcements will be heard on the Pip-Boy radio.
- If a companion is seen entering a suit of armor you took from the Cats, they will become hostile, but if you enter, they will ignore you.
The Atom Cats garage appears only in Fallout 4.
- pc xboxone ps4 A Brotherhood Lancer may appear and cannot be killed but doesn't attack, preventing one from interacting with any Atom Cats, as they will continue to attack the Lancer. This will not allow you to complete or start any Atom Cats quest, since one will not be able to interact at all with any of the Atom Cats. [verified]
- pc When trying to repair broken or damaged pieces of power armor using the repair station, the pieces may transfer to the owned power armor frame next to the empty repair station, and they will be marked as "owned" by the Atom Cats, and trying to reclaim your property will turn them hostile.[verified]