| ||For an overview of assault rifle models in all games, see assault rifle.|
The R Series of combat assault rifles was used reliably following the discontinuation of the M Series in the early 21st century. The R series, produced by civilian manufacturer Stent Security Solutions, was made in many models and variations. The variation most common to Washington, D.C., was the R91 full-auto urban assault rifle. The R91 assault rifle was issued in the United States Armed Forces during the urban pacification operations and combat.
Since the National Guard had been fully deployed around the DC area during the time of the Great War, the R91 is readily available for those willing to search around this area. Although nearly two centuries of scavenging has reduced the numbers of working units, the R91 remains a favorite of slavers, raiders, and mercenaries in the Capital Wasteland.
The R-91 is a general-purpose automatic firearm, effective from short to medium range. However, the high spread and low damage per shot greatly reduce its effectiveness against targets at great range, or hard targets like giant radscorpions. Nevertheless, it remains a lightweight, hard-hitting weapon for low to midlevel Small Guns users. Condition degrades at a moderate rate. Poor-condition assault rifles are sold by many vendors across the Wasteland, and are found in raider-occupied camps, buildings, and Metro tunnels.
The basic assault rifle differs from the Chinese assault rifle: the latter does more damage (88 DPS compared to the R91 assault rifle's 64 DPS), but is also scarce and less durable. Spread and magazine capacity are identical.
The assault rifle can fire a total of about 1250 rounds, the equivalent of 53 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
- Infiltrator The Pitt (add-on) - A scoped, silenced, and stockless version of the R-91 assault rifle, it functions similarly to the silenced 10mm pistol in that, while not as loud, it deals less damage than its roaring cousin.
- Perforator The Pitt (add-on) - A unique version of the Infiltrator, it has the slowest rate of fire of any assault weapon.
- Sim version Operation: Anchorage (add-on) - A sim-only version of the weapon that differs only in health (essentially non-degrading). It features a cleaner, less-battered texture with fresh wood and darker metal areas than its wasteland counterpart.
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- Wanda - A unique R-91 assault rifle that was cut from the final game.
- Alloy steel assault rifle Operation: Anchorage (add-on)- A variant named "alloy steel assault rifle" can be found in the data files for Operation: Anchorage. It uses the Anchorage-specific texture for the weapon, but aside from name and appearance is identical to the standard R-91 assault rifle. It is likely the weapon was intended to be placed in the armory with other "wasteland" versions of weapons found in the Anchorage sim, most of which were cut from the final version of the add-on; as such the weapon can only be accessed through the use of console commands.
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio|
- Rivet City - 1-2 assault rifles can be bought from Flak 'N Shrapnel's shop.
- Tenpenny Tower - they can sometimes be bought from Chief Gustavo. Also, every guard in the tower carries one.
- Springvale School - an assault rifle in poor condition can be found early, inside the mining tunnels next to some dead wastelanders, 5.56 ammunition, and a Chinese Army: Special Ops Training Manual.
- There are some locations in which 4-7 assault rifles can be found, all in (very) bad condition but can be used to repair to full if you have a repair skill of 100:
- The assault rifle is the weapon of choice for super mutant brutes.
- Raiders carry them very often, mostly at mid-levels.
- There is also a truck and barricade with some ammunition as well as a 10mm pistol in addition to the R91 to the slight northwest of Fairfax. It is guarded by a Mister Gutsy. The rifle is in poor condition when found.
- There is 1 assault rifle at level 6 (confirmed) in Hamilton's hideaway with Three Dog's weapon cache key.
- You can find 4 assault rifles in the locked armory of Wheaton Armory.
- You might also find assault rifles on the raiders outside the armory as well.
- One can be found in the equipment rooms, adjacent to the Tranquility loungers, but are locked by a computer that takes a science skill of 75 to unlock.
- Found in the Citadel armory.
- Used by the BOS members in the Citadel.
- Allen Mack carries one during the quest, Trouble on the Homefront.
- Susie Mack will carry this in a random encounter if you take the good Karma route in the quest, Trouble on the Homefront.
- Simone Cameron uses one prior to completing the quest Head of State.
- The caravan guards all use the assault rifle.
- Moira Brown's Mercenary uses an assault rifle.
- Alan, Barrett, Crazy Wolfgang, Cypress, Evan King, Gervais, Gustavo, Linden, Maple, Mercier and Paladin Reddin all use the assault rifle.
- xbox360 ps3 pc The assault rifle can clip through targets or level geometry in V.A.T.S. This results in all shots missing or being absorbed by geometry, even when the muzzle protrudes past the obstruction. Against point-blank targets in V.A.T.S., the rifle sometimes inflicts minimal damage.
| || |
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found