| || For an overview of assault rifle models in the Fallout series of games, see assault rifle.|
For the Gun Runners' Arsenal version of this weapon, see Assault carbine (GRA).
The assault carbine is a magazine-fed, compact automatic weapon with a high rate of fire and a comparatively low spread. It is one of the most accurate automatic weapons in the game, and can be effectively used in close and medium range combat. In V.A.T.S. mode, it will shoot a 5 round burst for a cost of 20 Action Points.
The assault carbine uses 5mm rounds, boasting an armor piercing effect of -10 DT, and 5mm AP rounds, which have a -25 DT effect. These make the weapon highly effective against medium armored or heavily armored targets, as only power armor possesses more than 25 DT. In addition, 5mm HP rounds have only a x2 DT multiplier, compared to the x3 multiplier of other HP rounds. (All effects as of patch 22.214.171.1242). 5mm ammunition is available in large quantities, as it is also used by the high-capacity minigun.
The assault carbine can fire a total of about 3745 standard rounds, the equivalent of 157 reloads, or 125 reloads when modified with extended magazines, from full condition before breaking.
|Ammunition type||Unmodified||W/ Extended mags|
|Standard, HP, & AP||3745||157||3745||125|
- Assault carbine extended magazines - increases ammunition capacity by +6.
- Assault carbine (GRA) Gun Runners' Arsenal - capable of supporting more modifications.
- Lily's assault carbine - A unique non-playable assault carbine used by Lily. It only differs from the standard assault carbine in its use of companion ammunition and an added suppressor.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|Assault carbine With all weapon mods attached||13||156||12||x0.06||13||5||20||3.3||1.2||30||3745||6||5250||875||75||3|
|Assault carbine fnvgra||13||156||12||x0.06||13||5||20||3.3||1.2||24||3745||6||3950||658.3||75||3|
|Assault carbine With all weapon mods attached fnvgra||13||187.2||14.4||x0.06||13||6||20||3.9||1.2||30||4995||6||8700||1450||75||3|
- Gun Runners - in the back room (straight ahead as you enter) on the first and center workbench. Also, it can be bought from the Vendortron at the kiosk right in front of the gate.
- Vault 34 - two in poor condition are located in the armory.
- Nellis Air Force Base - in the Nellis array, on a dead Boomer.
- NCR Ranger safehouse - located on a shelf to the right of the reloading bench.
- Super mutants, specifically super mutant brutes at Black Mountain, may carry this weapon.
- One is also carried by Nero in the Gomorrah casino, and can be taken after helping Cachino in the quest How Little We Know.
- One can be found inside Gomorrah, in the basement, inside one of the footlockers.
- One is found on the respawning corpse of a super mutant brute in the water of the lowest level of Ruby Hill Mine.
- May be found on one of the nightkin in Black Rock cave.
- During Unfriendly Persuasion, the mercenary Norton will carry one.
- Can be found on some NCR Veteran Rangers later in the game.
- The arms merchant at the 188 trading post occasionally sells them in average condition.
- If the player is Vilified by the Legion, assassins will be sent to kill them. One of the Legionary assassins may carry an assault carbine.
- Daniel Contreras will have 2-3 in stock sometimes.
- The assault carbine sports a very compact size compared to the R91 assault rifle, which was the United States' primary combat rifle before the Great War.
- It has a similar look to the Service rifle, although it has a shorter barrel, ergonomic handgrips, matte black furniture, and a collapsible stock instead of a fixed wooden one.
Behind the scenesEdit
According to J.E. Sawyer, both the assault carbine and the marksman carbine are present due to New Vegas' proximity to Nellis AFB, since they were both modeled after a "Paratrooper-oriented carbine".
- ps3 xbox360 The weapon may turn invisible while aiming down the sight. [verified]
- xbox360 When dropped with extended mags, it appears it has normal mags. [verified]
| || |