Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
|Miscellaneous quest: Art Appreciation|
|Talk with Hancock and ask him for work.|
|Go to Pickman Gallery.|
|Recover the holotape Message to Jack.|
|Return to Hancock.|
|Reward: 150 XP|
up to 400 caps
Talk with John Hancock in Goodneighbor and ask him for work. He'll offer you a reconnaissance job to scope out Pickman Gallery. For the service, he'll give a base sum of caps but can be pushed to offer more with speech checks.
Go to Pickman Gallery, located Northwest of Old North Church. Raiders will be found around the outside and inside of the gallery, all looking for Pickman. Fight your way through them to the room immediately left of the entrance. Take the holotape titled "Message to Jack" off of a dead raider in the middle of the room, which is all Hancock will need. Exploring the rest of the gallery and killing the raiders is optional.
Return to Hancock and talk to him, initiating related dialogue where he learns what he wanted to and is pleased with your work. He'll then reward an amount of caps dependent of how many or if any speech checks were passed.
- The quest Pickman's Gift runs concurrent with this one. They can be seamlessly done together by starting this quest first.
- If he becomes available as a companion between accepting and turning in this quest, Hancock will indicate mild annoyance at having been brought to the gallery when he was paying you to scout it out, but it will not affect the agreed upon reward. This dialogue will trigger even if the investigation was completed without Hancock ever setting foot in the gallery. However, the dialogue to describe what it was like will not be available.
- The dialogue you choose when describing everything to Hancock affects companion affinity:
- Danse likes saying it was horrific, dislikes saying it was beautiful, and hates being sarcastic about it.
- Deacon likes saying it was horrific, hates saying it was beautiful, and likes being sarcastic.
- MacCready likes when you're sarcastic.
- Failing the initial speech check asking for more caps will irritate Hancock and he will give you less caps than he originally offered.
pc ps4 xboxone This quest will become inaccessible if the player has already completed The Big Dig and gained Hancock as a companion, though it can be force started on PC using the command SetStage <001120de> <10>. However, Hancock will express dislike at having to go with the player upon their return, regardless of whether he did or not. This method also means the player cannot earn the potential 400 caps reward, since the speech checks are removed with the quest once Hancock has become a companion.
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.