You a merc? 'Cause you don't look like a prospector...”— Arms merchant to the Courier
The arms merchant is a weapons merchant in Fallout: New Vegas.
A veteran of the First Battle of Hoover Dam, this nameless merchant originally served in Third Platoon of Bravo Company as a Staff Sergeant in the NCR Army. Following her rather direct refusal to flog two "deserters" (young soldiers who got drunk on the Strip and missed roll call) she was discharged from the military for insubordination. Despite this, she remains fiercely loyal to the NCR and continues to work for it as a freelance arms merchant.
Starting her business up was a relatively simple task - gather a few veterans, bribe a Gun Runner to get some stock and establish a network of merchants selling weapons and ammunition to NCR sympathizers at bargain prices, a small, but powerful contribution to the war against Caesar's Legion.
The merchant herself picked the 188 trading post to set up shop, dealing out of the back of an old army truck. Apart from being the local hub of commerce and trade, she gets to see her old unit occasionally, ensure their commander's treating them fairly and slip the young troopers a magazine or two to keep them armed.
The arms merchant operates her business out of the back of a pre-War military truck at the 188 Trading Post. At night, she can be found asleep in the trailer on the opposite side of the underpass. Nevertheless, she will be happy to both talk and trade if awoken.
Interactions with the player character
- She will occasionally have 12.7mm rounds in stock in quantities of 50 to over 100.
- She's one of the best sources of 40mm grenades.
- She often sells detonators and C4 plastic explosives.
- She often has assault carbine Extended Mags, both sniper rifle mods, 12.7mm SMG silencer and 12.7mm pistol silencers as well as the hunting rifle and all mods for it in stock.
- Killing her will change the PC's current standing with the NCR.
- Following patch 188.8.131.52xx she is one of only two vendors who still sell .223 rounds in boxed form, the other being Daniel Contreras.
- She sells Gun Runners' Arsenal items only when she's standing next to the truck during the day.
The Arms merchant appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.