| ||For an overview of various Vault jumpsuits in the Fallout series of games, see Vault jumpsuit.|
Armored Vault 101 jumpsuit
The armored Vault jumpsuit is a modified version of the regular Vault-Tec Vault suit, modified to better protect its owner in combat. While it has the name armored Vault jumpsuit, it appears as a normal Vault jumpsuit with several plates, most likely from leather armor, attached to provide additional protection. Both the armored Vault jumpsuit and leather armor share similar textures and the distinctive single shoulder guard, a tribute to the acclaimed Mad Max series that featured similar, distinctive armor. This suggests that Vault 101's Vault experiment that "no one ever enters and no one ever leaves" was not quite successful.
Its DR, weight, and item HP are identical to that of Vault 101 security armor, but the armored Vault jumpsuit has added effects. The bonuses provided, +5 to Energy Weapons and Small Guns, are fairly beneficial at the start of the game, where Small Guns like the 10mm pistol and Energy Weapons like the laser pistol are quickly obtainable.
- The suit can be found in Craterside Supply, Moira's store in Megaton. Moira bestows this gift on the player after complying with a request to recall how life in Vault 101 was. Moira explains that she made this suit for a girl from the Vault around "10 or 12 years ago," but the girl never returned to pick it up, leading Moira to speculate that she may have died.
- It can also be stolen or bought for around 180 caps, if you chose to not help her with the Wasteland Survival Guide.
- The way the suit is displayed in Moira's store is somewhat similar to the way you find The Vault Dweller's suit enshrined during Fallout 2.
- If stolen you will receive no Karma penalty.
- The suit appears to change color depending on its condition.
- The suit seems to be considered the Fallout 3 promotional armor set, because it appears on the character in all ending cutscenes.
- The vault boy icon for this piece of apparel portrays the vault boy with his back turned, similar to how the Lone Wanderer is portrayed at the end of the main storyline while wearing this same piece of apparel.
- The suit is near identical to The Vault Dweller's armored Vault 13 suit when he is exiled.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In the Fallout 3 ending, the Lone Wanderer is seen wearing the armored Vault 101 jumpsuit in all the parts they appear in.