The armor workbench is a crafting table in Fallout 4. The Sole Survivor can use the armor workbench in order to attach and detach armor mods on body armor parts and some clothing pieces. The armor parts that can be modified are divided into chest, right arm, left arm, right leg and left leg. Armor workbenches can be found all over the Commonwealth, including one outside a house nearby the workshop in Sanctuary Hills, along with a weapons workbench and a power armor station.
When applying an armor mod, the name of the armor part can change accordingly. To create a mod, the Sole Survivor needs proper materials, as well as the corresponding perk, Armorer. The Armorer perk has four ranks, and each rank unlocks another rank tier for armor crafting.
Local Leader, rank two
Armor workbench (1)
Some mods will add additional functions to the armor piece.
- Pocketed improves carrying capacity.
- Padded or Dense reduces damage from explosions. This will greatly deflect limb damage.
- Lining will reduce radiation or any specific damage depending of the materials used.
- Light build mods will decrease the weight (WT) and add a few maximum Action Points.
The legs armor have special mods:
- Cushioned, that reduces falling damage
- Strengthened, that reduces limb damage.
- Muffled, that reduces detection from moving.
- Custom Fitted, making sprinting take less AP.
Fallout 4 locationsEdit
These are associated with the workshop for the settlement. The player character will not be able to access these until s/he is aligned with the settlement.
These can be used at any time by the player.
- One on the roof and another in the basement of Gunners plaza.
- Inside the Combat Zone.
- In the underground caves of Dunwich Borers.
- USAF Satellite Station Olivia, right before going down the bunker.
- On the roof of Parkview Apartments.
- Kendall Hospital
- Andrew station, upstairs.
- Monsignor Plaza third floor, by Appliances.
- Haymarket Mall
- Fort Hagen filling station
- Just south of main entrance to Bunker Hill, first right down hill.
- Diamond City, to the right of Myrna.
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.