Arlington House is a medium sized house in the center of Arlington Cemetery.
Arlington House can be accessed from the Arlington Cemetery, which in turn can be accessed from several metro tunnels in the surrounding area.
Inside the house is the Luck bobblehead, located on the bookshelves on the west wall of the basement. The house is good for player housing because there are beds you can rest in, a workbench and lockers to hide your loot in. In the basement there is a shrine to Abraham Lincoln, (ironic as the original owner, Robert E. Lee, General of the Confederate Army, fought against the Union) complete with flowers and wine.
If you took the Lawbringer perk, Junders Plunkett will exist, and attack the player character and their followers if he finds them inside the house. Plunkett will most likely be found in the basement and might run upstairs if he detects you. Junders has the unique Plunkett's Valid Points, and upon death Junders Plunkett's finger which can be turned in for 1,000 caps at the Regulator HQ.
- Bobblehead - Luck is on the bookshelves on the west wall of the basement.
- Big Book of Science on the table at the far end of the kitchen.
- Bottlecap mine on the workbench against the south wall in the basement.
- This house makes for good player housing, due to its size and the fact that its containers do not reset. However, if the Lawbringer perk is added after the initial visit to the house, the first aid box near the bed in the basement will respawn, erasing previously stored items.
- The photo of President Lincoln in the shrine is actually an enlarged version of the exhibit info plates at the Lincoln Memorial. The writing can be seen by standing on the far left side of the shrine and looking between the picture and the wood frame or by going to the far right of the shrine and looking in between the wood panels right beside the dresser.
- The offerings of flowers and liquor would indicate that Lincoln's reputation has been canonized by the wastelanders to the level of a deity.
- The radio in the basement will only appear if you have the Lawbringer perk and Junders Plunkett is in the house.
- Junders Plunkett will only appear if you have the Lawbringer perk.
- There is a safe with a small amount of caps behind the dresser in the upstairs bedroom on the west corner.
Arlington House appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenesEdit
Arlington House is actually the former home of Confederate General Robert E. Lee. The in-game version bears no resemblance to the actual building and retains a look more similar to the traditional suburban houses of the Capital Wasteland.