Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
|1||END 5||Water is your ally. You no longer take radiation damage from swimming, and can breathe underwater|| 000e36f9 (Aquaboy)|
|2||END 5, LVL 21||You become totally undetectable while submerged.|| 001d248d (Aquaboy)|
- This perk is useful to take early on. RadAway is scarce in the beginning of the game, and water with 10+ Rads surrounds many of the early tasks. There are also plenty of sunken locations throughout the Commonwealth. However, some would argue that most are worthless compared to the amount of surface locations and the value of most items found ashore.
- While underwater, weapons cannot be equipped (accordingly, there are also no enemy encounters unless stumbling across mirelurks; however that would usually only occur while in Nahant) and the Pip-Boy light does not illuminate a very large area.
- There are at least three missions involving being underwater for an extended period of time: Pull the Plug, Here There Be Monsters and Clean the Water Supply, for which this perk can be useful. In which case having at least one point of this perk will make the Sole Survivor immune to water radiation and severely reduce stress swimming without it.
- One can craft mirelurk cakes at a cooking station; it lets the Sole Survivor breathe underwater. Many foods and chems can be crafted which remove radiation. Getting the Aqua perks requires at least 6 points (an Endurance of 5 is required). Putting those points into other perks should prove to be generally more useful, so a more prudent approach would be to put off getting the Aqua* perk until one finds that they cannot do without it and then get it.
- It's fair to say that there is an expansive amount of water in-game and at times eluding gunfire and enemies could play in one's favor. Areas like Nahant and Revere Beach come to mind.
- A very useful perk for the Far Harbor add-on, due to the presence of a large amount of irradiated water.
- Many locations have water within the workshop range, with materials underwater to scrap (concrete, etc), making this perk handy for scavenging in these settlements.
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.