Image needed (Transparent)
This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help Nukapedia by uploading it.
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
The ammunition plant is a constructible piece of machinery used for manufacturing added in the Fallout 4 add-on Contraptions Workshop. The plant requires 8 power and does not have to be connected via a wire, any power going through the line will automatically connect it to the system. In order to build the ammunition plant, the Sole Survivor must have at least one rank in the Gun Nut and Science! perks.
- The recipes of the ammunition this machine can craft are accessible via a terminal.
- More ammunition recipes may be unlocked by leveling up the Gun Nut perk.
- All the types of bullets are churned out in batches of 10 every 10 seconds, provided the electricity and material requirements are met and the type of ammunition has been selected previously on a terminal.
- Only one ammunition plant will show up in the connected terminal's control menu regardless of how many plants are actually linked into the network. This makes it impossible to mass-produce several ammo types in parallel without setting up an independent power network for each plant.
Gun Nut (1)
Ammunition plant (1)
Ammunition types and requirementsEdit
|Ammunition||Perk Requirement||Items Needed|
|10mm round||Gun Nut: 1|
|2mm EC||Gun Nut: 4|
|.308 round||Gun Nut: 1|
|.38 round||Gun Nut: 1|
|.44 round||Gun Nut: 3|
|.45 round||Gun Nut: 2|
|.50 caliber||Gun Nut: 4|
|5.56mm round||Gun Nut: 3|
|5mm round||Gun Nut: 1|
|Shotgun shell||Gun Nut: 2|
- If the ammunition plant is filled with plastic, lead, steel, copper, oil and fertilizer, any of the above ammunition types can be crafted.
- Like most of the new plant items, it is not necessary to load the plant with individual junk. For instance, a pencil will yield lead and wood, allowing one to craft 10mm ammo without the prerequisite lead needed.
- When adding large amounts of each component, shut down the system first beforehand.
- If the conveyor that is a part of the model isn't moving but the attached conveyors are, store the ammunition plant in a workshop, then replace it.
- The ammunition plant cannot be used to craft ammunition from the Far Harbor and Nuka-World add-ons (e.g. .45-70 and 7.62 rounds).