Regular ammo box
Theo's ammo box, secured with a code.
Ammunition boxes are found in many places in the Capital and the Mojave Wastelands. Some are locked, and all but a notable few contain ammunition when initially found (some ammunition boxes in Rivet City, specifically at Flak 'N Shrapnel's, are locked but empty). Players with the Scrounger perk will find considerately more ammunition in ammunition boxes than those without it. The contents of most ammunition boxes randomize on a per-game basis.
- Theo's ammo box - contains 4 frag grenades and a large supply of ammo, found next to deceased Reilly's Rangers member Theo, located on a stairway in the Statesman Hotel's Mid-level.
For an overview of ammunition boxes, see above article pages.
Boxes with random selectionEdit
- Eight boxes in Fort Independence, Bomb Storage, in the Very Hard locked ammunition storage.
- Seven in Evan King's house
- Seven In Alexandria Arms, same room as the pre-War book
- Six in the Arlington Library Children's Wing
- Five in the in a military truck in a military checkpoint, west of Northwest Seneca Station (CW).
- Four in Metro Central
- Four in the Arlington utility
Boxes with random selection of power cellsEdit
- Three boxes in the Military checkpoint near Roosevelt Academy
- Three in Vault 92 living quarters, south on the local map
- Two ammunition boxes in Fort Independence contain alien power cells. With Broken Steel, Olney Powerworks also contains two ammunition boxes with alien power cells.
- Agatha has an ammunition box in her house that contains a mini nuke, amongst other ammunition.
- Ammunition boxes seem to be safe containers; they do not respawn contents and can store any object the player can deposit within them.
- The ammunition box looks identical to the mine box and grenade box.
- The text on the ammunition box is 840 CRTG 5.56 BALL M855 10 CLIPS.