Ammo box, 5.56mm surplus
- Buying this box is buying 5.56mm surplus bullets in bulk. Once finished with the transaction, the receiver will dispose of the box and will receive 250 rounds in return.
- Surplus 5.56 ammunition degrades weapons 25% faster, but also inflicts 15% more damage.
- If following the trench system when first entering The Fort, all the way to the right of the map, the Courier will find two boxes of surplus ammunition.
- They are sometimes sold by Chet in the Goodsprings general store.
- They are sold by Blake at Crimson Caravan Company.
- They are sold by Quartermaster Bardon at Hoover Dam in large quantities.
- They are sometimes also sold by Johnson Nash in Primm.
Surplus ammo is useful as companion ammo since a companion's weapon will never degrade.