A strong yet light metal, aluminum is used for crafting various settlement devices and electronics, as well as modifications for weapons, armor, power armor and robots.
Miscellaneous object (see below)
|Shipment of 25 units||25||0||∞|
|Shipment of 50 units||50||0||∞|
|Inactive distress pulser||2||5||0.4|
|Industrial oil canister||2||3||0.67|
|TV dinner tray||3||0.5||6|
|Wakemaster alarm clock||2||1||2|
- Nothing is gained if the player does not have at least level 1 of the Scrapper perk. At level 3 yields are doubled or more than doubled.
- Two to four pieces of aluminum can be obtained from destroyed sentry bots and assaultrons.
- Sold by Arturo Rodriguez in Diamond City Market in shipments of 50.
- Sold by Rufus Rubins in Goodneighbor in shipments of 25.
Aluminum can be found all throughout the Commonwealth:
- Massive amounts of aluminum in the Institute found on nearly every flat surface on the bottom floor, in the form of various tools. There are also a number of junk items throughout that give aluminum.
- Over 115 pieces of aluminum can be found in Vault 95, in the form of aluminum cans, surgical trays and TV dinner trays.
- More than 80 pieces can be found at Mahkra Fishpacking, in the form of trays.
- Corvega assembly plant (inside and out):
- 26 coolant caps on the assembly line and scattered around, though rather heavy.
- 1 aluminum canister.
- 6 TV dinner trays.
- 11 aluminum cans.
- 5 hub caps.
- Vault 81 has upwards of 40 aluminum, mostly in the form of surgical trays, in the secret section of the vault.
- Federal ration stockpile has roughly 30 aluminum cans on the shelves just outside the locked storage area.
- Four Leaf fishpacking plant has 24 aluminum trays on the west side of the factory.
- Medford Memorial Hospital contains numerous surgical trays.
- Fort Hagen Command Center contains a good amount of aluminum in the form of aluminum cans, surgical trays, and TV dinner trays.
- Mass Pike Tunnel contains about 50 aluminum cans.
- Marking aluminum for search may be necessary, since many of the cans are underwater and difficult to see.
- Along with other miscellaneous items inside and in the area at the tunnel's west exit, 108 pieces of aluminum may be found here.
- Cranberry Island supply shed contains about 18 aluminum ingots. The
An uncommon component that is used in all types of crafting. This is an essential component that is found in small portions. It is especially useful for power armor and weapon mods. Aluminum scrap cannot be sold to vendors, however aluminum yielding junk or bulk aluminum can be sold to vendors for caps.
Miscellaneous object (see below)
Aluminum scrap (varies)
|Blasting caps box||?||2||?||?|
|Chez Vivi typewriter||?||2||?||?|
|Clean cake pan||?||2||?||?|
|Clean coffee tin||?||2||?||?|
|Industrial oil canister||?||2||?||?|
|Large glass jar lid||?||1||?||?|
|Large glass jar ring||?||1||?||?|
|Large glass jar top||?||1||?||?|
|Mr. Gutsy model||?||2||?||?|
|Mr. Handy model||?||2||?||?|
|Robot parts model||?||2||?||?|
|Sentry bot model||?||2||?||?|
|Small glass jar lid||?||1||?||?|
|Small glass jar ring||?||1||?||?|
|Small glass jar top||?||1||?||?|
|TV dinner tray||?||3||?||?|
|Unrusted tin can||?||1||?||?|
|Vault-Tec alarm clock||?||1||?||?|
|Wakemaster alarm clock||?||1||?||?|
Aluminum ore can be processed at a Chemistry station into Aluminum scrap. Note the Aluminum ore cannot be processed from a stash box and must come from the player's inventory (Acid can be crafted directly from the stash box).
Aluminum ore (3)
Aluminum scrap (2)
- Aluminum yielding junk can be found all around Appalachia.
- Wind chimes can be found by listening for their sound and collecting them, yielding 2-3 scrap aluminum each.
- Aluminum deposits found around Appalachia or workshops yield aluminum ore.
- Eastern Regional Penitentiary contains a large quantity of cafeteria trays, which contain several aluminum.