The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
| ||For an overview of alien blaster models in the Fallout series of games, see Alien blaster.|
The gun is very futuristic in appearance, with a chrome and red paint job. It fires blue bolts of energy, and deals 50 damage without any pistol perks. With maximum levels in Science! this weapon can be modified to run using fusion cells. This reduces the damage by two points, but extends the battery size and allows for continued use of the weapon once its standard ammo cells are depleted.
The downside to this weapon is its large shot size and slow projectile speed - these can lead to shots missing to clipping cover where a normal round would have gone through. The game treats this gun as if it is silenced for detection, but does not confer the skill based boosts to damage for a silenced weapon from Mister Sandman or other sources.
The alien blaster pistol however, is not a bad weapon to use in V.A.T.S and close range combat, due to its low AP cost, good accuracy, good DPS, and great range (with the perk Gunslinger applied for the latter two).
|Slot||Mod||Description||Weapon prefix|| Damage per shot change|| Fire rate change||Range change|| Accuracy change|| Magazine capacity (shots per reload) change|| Weight change|| Weapon value change in caps||Perk needed||Components||Base ID|
|Barrel||Short barrel||Standard.||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||Aluminum x3|
|Long barrel||Superior range and sighted accuracy. Better recoil. Poor hip-fire accuracy.||Long||–||–||+84||–||–||+0.5||+30||Science! 3||Adhesive x5|
Fiber optics x2
|Grip||Standard grip||Standard.||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||Aluminum x3|
|Sharpshooter's grip||Better recoil and hip-fire accuracy.||Sharpshooter's||–||–||–||+3||–||+0.2||+68||Science! 2||Adhesive x4|
|Magazine||Standard mag||Uses standard Alien Blaster Rounds.||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||Adhesive x1|
Fiber optics x3
|Fusion magazine||Reduced damage and ammo capacity. Changes ammo type to Fusion Cells.||Converted||-2||–||–||–||+21||–||+143||Science! 4||Adhesive x4|
Fiber optics x3
Nuclear material x4
|Sights||Standard sights||Standard.||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||Adhesive x1|
|Short scope||Improved magnification. Superior sighted accuracy.||Scoped||–||–||–||+12||–||+0.4||+53||Science! 2||Adhesive x2|
|Short night vision scope||Night vision. Improved magnification. Superior sighted accuracy.||Night-vision||–||–||–||+12||–||+0.4||+188||Science! 3||Adhesive x5|
Fiber optics x3
Nuclear material x3
- Hub's Alien Blaster - A special variant of the Alien Blaster given to you by Dara Hubbell that packs more of a punch than the standard Alien Blaster and has the Lucky Weapon Augmentation.
It can be looted off an alien, who is found inside a cave next to a UFO that crashes from the sky. The cave is just northeast of the crash site and can easily be found by following the green splats on the floor and on the rocks.
The event may be mentioned by any follower besides Dogmeat, who may comment on seeing something crashing from out of the sky. The event is fairly loud, and a crash is heard. Go east of Oberland station, northwest of Chestnut Hillock Reservoir or north of Vault 81, to find the crash site, you can also use the "Garbled radio beacon" radio signal to find the crash site. There should be fire around the crash site, making it easily spotted at night. Follow the green blood splatters to an unmarked cave, where a live alien has the blaster. The alien itself is low-level and easily killed, but will drop the alien blaster pistol along with a very large amount of ammo for it.
- The description of the fusion magazine says "Reduced damage and ammo capacity. Changes ammo type to fusion cells." However, the ammo capacity actually increases to 63.
- The fusion magazine mod does not change the model or appearance of the weapon in any way; the blaster's reload animation will even still seem to show an alien blaster round being loaded into the weapon.
- Despite its model's unique appearance, the alien blaster's night vision scope has the same HUD overlay and cross-hairs as the respective mod has on any other weapon.
- The default magazine capacity of the alien blaster pistol is 42, which may be a reference to Douglas Adams' "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," where 42 is seen as the answer to 'The ultimate question':"The answer to life, the universe and everything".
- The alien blaster round used by the weapon prior to it being modified is limited in quantity to the amount looted from the corpse of the alien, eventually forcing the player to re-chamber the weapon to fire fusion cell rounds if they wish to continue using it.
- Killed enemies turn into piles of ash, just like those killed from usual laser weapons.
| || |
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.