| ||For an overview of alien blaster models in the Fallout series of games, see alien blaster.|
The alien blaster is one of the most powerful weapons in the game because a critical hit is guaranteed. This weapon will often be able to take down any foe with a single shot to the head.
This weapon also has the effect of disintegrating any enemy killed with a critical shot by it (which is every shot for creatures weaker than most super mutants), identical to a laser (with the exception that the disintegration effect is colored blue instead of red).
The alien blaster deals electrical damage; the only other weapons that do electrical damage are the Firelance, The Shocker, Jingwei's shocksword, the Tesla cannon, the shock baton and the Captain's Sidearm.
The alien blaster can fire a total of about 125 shots, the equivalent of 13 reloads, from full condition before breaking, but will not jam until approximately 120 discharges.
- Firelance - Harder to obtain, yet slightly weaker than the blaster, the Firelance causes fire damage if the target survives the initial blast and is affected by the Pyromaniac perk.
- Captain's Sidearm Mothership Zeta (add-on) - A unique, cleaner, shinier alien blaster used by the alien captain.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Effect damage and duration||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio|
|Captain's Sidearm fo3mz||35|
- The alien blaster can be found next to the body of a dead alien lying a few feet away from his crashed spaceship. The alien crash site is found due north of MDPL-13 power station and northwest of the Greener Pastures disposal site. There are also 120 alien power cells found at the crash site.
- Adams Air Force Base Broken Steel Held in the armory on the mobile base crawler in a locked box (hard) along with plenty of ammunition. Sometimes an Enclave soldier carries another alien blaster. In some cases the armory master will take the blaster from the box and use it, allowing it to be looted from his body.
- Dogmeat can be used to help recover the blaster and scattered ammo from the crash site without triggering the Mothership Zeta questline.
- The blue neon glow turns off when the player character enters sneak mode.
- On Mothership Zeta none of the aliens use this weapon besides the captain (which is a unique version).
- In an early piece of concept art (see below), the weapon was portrayed as a small alien ship, with an added grip to be used as a handgun.
- The alien blaster can be given to Protector Casdin for the usual payment options.
- With Mothership Zeta installed, the Lone Wanderer will be abducted before being able to pick up the alien blaster from the crash site.
- In the Nuka-World add-on for Fallout 4, the animatronic aliens are armed with prop versions of this blaster.
| || |