| ||For character cut from the final version of Fallout, see Agatha (Fallout).|
Oh my! I didn't know I still had the looks. Well, you just made my day you sweet thing! Let me give you something extra to help you on your way. I have a small amount of ammunition that my husband left behind. A box of odds and ends. I don't think I've opened it in years.”
Fine music is in Agatha's blood. Her ancestors were all classically trained musicians, and although those days are long gone, she spent her seventy-six years perfecting the violin until she matched their caliber. She is a kind old woman who feels she is too old to fear the wasteland.
Fate must smile upon her, because she's still alive. She speaks gently and carefully chooses her words, having been well educated. She spends many a lonely night looking out across the dunes and waiting for someone to come along and help her retrieve the Soil Stradivarius; a lost violin that her great-great-grandmother once possessed.
When she was younger, she married a man called Egglebrecht. Later on, they moved to their shack, and locked themselves away from the rest of the world. A caravan came by every so often, and Agatha paid them in music. Mr. Egglebrecht died a few years ago.
Agatha spends her time waiting for you to help her find the Stradivarius.
After Agatha's Song, she sits in her house and will play the violin for you, if asked.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Agatha's Song: Agatha tasks the Lone Wanderer with a two part quest called Agatha's Song. If you give mean responses to Agatha, you will not be able to begin "Agatha's Song" no matter how much time passes.
- If you kill Agatha after completing the Agatha's Song quest, her music and voice can still be heard on Agatha's Station, because, as said in dialogue, her broadcasts are pre-recorded.
- If you have a high enough Charisma, the Lady Killer perk, or can pass one of the two Speech Challenges, she will give you the key to her ammo box.
- "Oh my... it's more beautiful than I could have ever imagined!" – Agatha, referring to the Soil Stradivarius violin
- "Watch the sass, captain sassy-pants!"
- "Oh, absolutely irreplaceable! The Stradivarius violins are as unique as a painting or a sculpture... each one its own work of art. I think the opportunity to use that fine instrument with her fellow accomplished musicians was more than a draw for Hilda. Then, the bombs fell. The Vault was sealed, and my family never heard from her again."
- "Oh my! I didn't know I still had the looks. Well, you just made my day you sweet thing! Let me give you something extra to help you on your way. I have a small amount of ammunition that my husband left behind. A box of odds and ends. I don't think I've opened it in years."
- "You son of a bitch! You know what that thing meant to me! It was a family heirloom. It belonged rightfully in the hands of a musician, someone to appreciate its value, not to exploit it! I can't believe you'd stab an old woman in the back like this! Get out! GET OUT OF HERE THIS INSTANT!"
Agatha appears only in Fallout 3.