Fallout 3 locations project
Adams Air Force Base is a heavily-fortified Enclave settlement outside the Capital Wasteland. It is only available in the Broken Steel add-on for Fallout 3. The base can only be accessed through the Presidential metro, and is not accessible before you have reached the appropriate point in the quest line. The base is a separate area outside of the Capital Wasteland.
Prior to the Great War, Adams Air Force Base had been the headquarters of Strategic Air Command, though that position was later relegated to Offutt Air Force Base in the Midwest. The base had not been fortified prior to the arrival of Enclave troops, and most of the robotic defenses had been offline.
Related quest: Who Dares Wins
During the Who Dares Wins quest, the player is sent to wipe out the remaining Enclave soldiers in the Capital Wasteland at Adams Air Force Base. The base contains a mass of Enclave soldiers, as well as standard defenses such as sentry bots and automated turrets.
Adams Storage Facility
Air Control Tower
Mobile Base Crawler
- There is a mini nuke located in a nook above an awning that is reachable from the roof with a walkway covered in steel colored pipes. During the quest Who Dares Wins, this roof will overlook a large number of Vertibirds. When coming from the Presidential Metro, keep moving right, and up some stairs. They are on a green tin awning at the far side of this roof. From the metal housing (with the computer and first aid boxes), look to your right, towards the Vertibirds (some may have first aid box).
- There is a holotape regarding flamer fuel that can be found on an Enclave scientist in the south-east research hangar. The fuel is found directly west of the air traffic control tower behind a building with no doors. It is in an Enclave crate locked by key and contains 400 flamer fuel (without perks).
- There is a mini nuke on the double-stacked large crates in Hangar 2B (the one with the covered catwalk patrolled by the sentry bot). Hop onto the roof while walking up the south end of the covered catwalk, enter through the northwest hole in the roof and make a running jump (while standing) from the top of the cage to the stacked crates.
- 2x mini nukes in a corridor of the aircraft hangar with three derelict jet planes inside (along the western edge of the map, near the center). One is hidden under a desk in the southeast corner; the other is hidden behind a filing cabinet.
- Enclave soldier log#1- located on a small platform behind a large machine, in the alley directly west of the rooftop where the Sector 2 Artillery Note is located. When in the alley and looking northward, turn left (west) and enter the opening between the walls. Following the alley, then climbing the stairs, there is a large machine. A dead Enclave soldier is behind the machine, with the holotape on his body.
After the end of "Who Dares, Wins"
- 2x Tesla cannon and 73x (roughly 100-115 with Scrounger) electron charge pack in a resupply crate on the back of a truck in front of the gates to the inaccessible area.
- 2x Tesla cannon and 74x (roughly 100-115 with Scrounger) electron charge pack in a resupply crate in front of the fortification by hangar 4A.
- 2x Tesla cannon and 74x (roughly 100-115 with Scrounger) electron charge pack in a resupply crate on the west side of the green crates outside the south end of hangar 2B.
- 2x Tesla cannon and 74x (roughly 100-115 with Scrounger) electron charge pack in a resupply crate southeast of the Air Control Tower, surrounded by a semi-circle of sand bags.
- There is an unowned bed in Hangar 2B.
- There are numerous deathclaw cages, but only some of the deathclaws inside have Enclave transmitters on their heads, meaning they will be hostile to both the player and the Enclave if released. If you have the Deathclaw control scrambler, it may be a good idea to see if a deathclaw has a transmitter before releasing it.
- After the Who Dares Wins quest, the Brotherhood of Steel will occupy the base with 7-20 soldiers, making it the largest BoS base in the game besides the Citadel and Project Purity.
- If the player has not finished the Galaxy News Radio quest, there is a brief window where you can pick up the GNR signal.
- ED-E, a companion in Fallout: New Vegas was created at this base by an Enclave scientist named Whitley.
- Adam's Air Force Base is its own World Map.
Behind the scenes
- This location is based on the real-life Joint Base Andrews formerly known as Andrews Air Force Base, and indeed, originally was to be named as such. Air Force One is situated at JBANAF.
- pc xbox360 Sometimes wrecked Vertibird pieces hang in mid-air then drop out of the sky when approached.
- pc xbox360 Sometimes after saving and exiting outside of the Mobile Base Crawler, upon reloading, The Enclave and BoS soldiers previously killed will come back to life wearing nothing. Killing and searching these soldiers will get you more armor and weapons.
- pc During the initial approach through the hangars, it is possible to skip going through the last few and quickly getting to the Brotherhood of Steel members. This can be done by going into one of the side hangars with many Enclave scientists within, jumping on a staircase railing, then jumping to a metal overhang, then through a hole in the hangar out onto the airstrip. Caution is advised though, as the player can shoot at and be shot at by the Enclave from their small bunkers on the landing strip.
- xbox360 The deathclaw cages can be lock-picked (hard), then relocked using the attached deathclaw pen door terminal (needs to be hacked) multiple times, giving a lot of XP. (NOTE: Breaking the lock will also disable the terminal option to open the door)