| ||For the various form of alcohol that appear in the Fallout series, see Alcohol.|
Absinthe is a green, highly alcoholic beverage distilled from a fermented mash containing wormwood, fennel, aniseed and other herbs. It is notable due to its provision of the highest Perception bonus of any consumable item, though only with a Survival skill of 100.
- Effects of Survival:
Absinthe does not stack separately from other alcohols such as beer and whiskey. This despite the fact that it does have slightly different effects—Perception +1 instead of Strength +1. However, Dixon's whiskey and moonshine both stack separately from this and other alcohols.
Survival Skill effectEdit
|10||+1 Perception for 4m, +1 Charisma for 4m, -1 Intelligence for 4m||+24 Dehydration|
|20||+1 Perception for 4m, +1 Charisma for 4m, -1 Intelligence for 4m||+28 Dehydration|
|30||+1 Perception for 4m, +1 Charisma for 4m, -1 Intelligence for 4m||+32 Dehydration|
|40||+1 Perception for 4m, +1 Charisma for 4m, -1 Intelligence for 4m||+36 Dehydration|
|50||+2 Perception for 4m, +2 Charisma for 4m, -2 Intelligence for 4m||+40 Dehydration|
|60||+2 Perception for 4m, +2 Charisma for 4m, -2 Intelligence for 4m||+44 Dehydration|
|70||+2 Perception for 4m, +2 Charisma for 4m, -2 Intelligence for 4m||+48 Dehydration|
|80||+2 Perception for 4m, +2 Charisma for 4m, -2 Intelligence for 4m||+52 Dehydration|
|90||+2 Perception for 4m, +2 Charisma for 4m, -2 Intelligence for 4m||+56 Dehydration|
|100||+3 Perception for 4m, +3 Charisma for 4m, -3 Intelligence for 4m||+60 Dehydration|
- One can be found in the cocktail lounge in the Lucky 38. Look for the second row up in the inner circle.
- Can be bought from the Atomic Wrangler casino after completing Friend of the Followers and High Times if Jacob Hoff survives and sobers up.
- Five more can be stolen from behind the counter at the Atomic Wrangler casino.
- Four are located in the Ultra-Luxe kitchen.
- Sold by some traveling merchants.
- Can be found on random enemies such as Vipers and Jackals.
- Dead Money Throughout the Villa and the Sierra Madre.
- One can be found on a dead prospector at the Prospector's Den.
- A bottle can be found along with a bottle of cateye and a bottle of steady in a pool of waste at the foot of the REPCONN test site.
- Found on NCR troopers in the Battle of Hoover Dam.
- One can be found in a hard locked safe inside the Prospector Saloon. It cannot be found if the Powder Gangers take over Goodsprings.
- One can be found in a fridge in an abandoned house in Goodsprings.
- Sometimes sold by a merchant in the Prospector's Den after the Jackal gang members have been cleared out and the Prospector's Den has been restored.
- Ralph may mention the Absinthe from the Atomic Wrangler casino is amazing even when it's not yet avalible for sale.
- Jacob Hoff has been mentioned in Freeside as a distiller of Absinthe.