| ||This page is about the character who appears in Fallout 3. For other characters named Abraham, see Abraham.|
Washington continues the work started by his parents, who were just as passionate about preserving their heritage as residents of the nation's capital. He is a virtual shut-in at his Capitol Preservation Society. Abraham is a classic social outcast who talks to himself all the time. He has almost no social skills and has a deeper emotional connection to his historical objects than he does to any human being.
As its curator, he is normally seen walking around Capitol Preservation Society rooms and sometimes around other parts nearby. According to Sydney, he asks every traveler who comes through to retrieve the Declaration of Independence.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Agatha's Song: the Soil Stradivarius can be sold to Washington for 200 caps (300 by passing a Speech check).
- Lincoln's Profit Margins: Washington is one of the potential buyers of the various Lincoln artifacts found in the Museum of History.
- Stealing Independence: Washington tasks the Lone Wanderer with retrieving the Declaration of Independence from the National Archives. In addition, he buys the Bill of Rights and the Magna Carta for 100 and 75 caps respectively; alternatively he will purchase them for 125 and 100 caps respectively, if one has a minimum Barter skill of 70.
Washington will mention his Capitol Preservation Society and, when asked about the history of the Declaration of Independence, will tell a humorously inaccurate tale filled with anachronisms, saying that the document was signed at "Fort McHarry" (as opposed to Fort McHenry, which wasn't built until years after the document was signed) in Maryland by the "Second Judgemental Congress" (instead of the Second Continental Congress) and was taken to Britain, by plane instead of ship, to be presented to the king. He also calls the Revolutionary War the "Evolutionary War." His issues with history are understandable, considering the devastation since the Great War that severely limited resources for accurate historical information.
However, Three Dog seems to know more about the document's history.
- Fallout 3
|Dirty pre-War relaxedwear
|Lincoln's repeater*||Abraham Washington's key (also a small chance of random food item)|
* Only after being sold Lincoln's repeater.
- Fallout Shelter
Since he is considered "Essential," killing him will only result in him losing consciousness. When he awakes, he will always be non-hostile.
- "Abraham Washington's the name... curator of this little slice of American history."
- "By bringing this to me, do you realize you've just written yourself into the history books? But enough of that, allow me to present you with some sort of compensation for your deed."
- "Each of the documents in this room tells a small but important story about the history of the United States of America. Unfortunately, the greatest prize of all is missing from the collection."
Behind the scenesEdit
His name is a combination of Abraham Lincoln and George Washington, two of the United States' most influential presidents.